HITOSHI SHINSO

About zombies and other dead things - Hitoshi Shinso x gn!reader (no pronouns used)

» Genre: fluff
» Summary: Getting ready for the school festival with Shinso turns out a little different than you had expected
» Warnings: mentions of (fake) blood and death
» Words: ~1.2k
» Author's note: can you tell I suck at titles and summaries? everything about this is a lil random

The voices of the students running around outside in front of the main UA building mixed into a single, faint buzzing that reached you through the rather thin walls of what was supposed to be a haunted mansion but was not quite finished yet. Class 1-C had been working just as hard as all the other classes to finish their attraction for the school festival in time, but they were a little behind.

You, along with the other students of your class had been spending the whole morning with finishing touches on your haunted house before the festival would open at nine. It was eight in the morning and you already felt tired again after running around campus, getting the costumes ready, putting up the last decorations and kicking some of your lazy classmates' asses even though you wished you could sit around just like them but that was not possible just yet.

"Y/NNNN!" You turned around to see who was screeching your name, only to be met with the face of a mummy, messily wrapped in something that looked more like toilet paper than bandages. "Why don't you have your make-up on yet?" "I-" "We need you as our zombie to welcome our guests!" The mummy continued without letting you speak. "I was just help-" "The make-up and fake blood are over there! And take Shinso with you!" The mummy shoved you toward the table where the make-up was waiting for you. You took it before making your way through the dark corridor to find Shinso.

That did not take too long. He casually stood at a corner, clearly hiding from his overly enthusiastic classmates, eyes glued to his phone. "Make-up time," you told your friend and dragged him away from his hiding spot with your hand grabbing his wrist, ignoring his protests. You walked to a back room where the costumes were hanging, and a single, lonely coffee machine sat on a table for the overly tired students to use. The room smelled like cheap coffee and boxes from someone's grandmother's attic, which was probably where the costumes had come from. Luckily, no other students were there.

Shinso sat down on one of the chairs with a sigh. "I've never used make-up in my life, so if you could do mine that would be great," he told you. "I can help you with yours too if you wanna, but it's gonna look like a mess." You shrugged. "That sounds like a deal to me."

You sat down and faced Shinso, then opened the small make-up box. "What are you supposed to be?", you asked. Shinso took a quick look at the list laying on the table that detailed everyone's roles, positions, and costumes for this event. "I'll be one of the people responsible for scaring the visitors." Shinso could not sound more bored. "A corpse dangling from the ceiling."

"Let's get to your make-up then." You took a few brushes as well as white and dark face paint. "I'll start by making you look more dead." "More dead? Are you implying that I already look a little like a corpse?" Shinso chuckled, causing you to smile as well. "Sometimes, yeah." You leaned forward and began working on Shinso's face. His skin became paler, the circles under and around his eyes darker. As a cherry on top of the cake you squeezed as much fake blood out of the small plastic tube as you could, smearing some around his lips and eye. Shinso sat perfectly still the whole time, closely watched your concentrated face, complied to everything you told him to do to make the process easier.

Having his eyes on you like that and being so close to him was making you a little nervous. You made more mistakes with painting his face and your hands started to tremble as you tried to save Shinso's make-up.

"I'm done," you sighed after a while and offered Shinso a hand mirror. He was satisfied with the result. He looked dead and was ready to scare some other students – preferably some from the hero course if he was being honest.

"It's your turn now." Shinso moved his chair a little closer to yours until your knees touched. "So, you'll be the zombie inviting everyone into our haunted house?" "Yeah, a great job." Shinso heard the irony in your voice and chuckled quietly. He reached out for one of the brushes and got started. The mental image that he had created of what he wanted you to look like when he was done quickly turned out to not be possible with Shinso's level of make-up skills, so he began to improvise. Leaning in close, he tried for every single stroke with his brush to be perfect, but they kept turning out a little wonky.

You were shifting in your chair, heart racing at how incredibly close Shinso was coming. "Stop moving," he ordered, breath fanning over your cheek. "Sor-," you began but were startled by Shinso who put his hand beneath your chin to steady you and stop you from moving so much. His touch was firm and sent a shiver down your spine. Heat rose to your cheeks and you wanted to hide your face but Shinso's grip made that impossible.

Shinso guided your movements, made you look to the right, then left, then right again. Most of the time gently, with his fingers only brushing over your skin, sometimes with a stronger grip but never aggressive or hurting you.

"Now," he mumbled while turning your head again, "look at me." You expected him to finish your make-up and inspect it, but instead he leaned in even closer. Your heart stopped when his lips touched yours, so very gently. Shinso only lingered there for a moment and did not give you enough time to react or even return the kiss when you wanted to. So, when he leaned back, a cute blush adorning his cheeks from embarrassment, you grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him back in.

Shinso's lips had a faint sweet taste to them, you assumed that it was the fake blood, but you could not be bothered to think about that too much at the moment. One hand gently holding your chin, the other one on your back, he pulled you a little closer. You closed your eyes, tried to memorize what kissing Shinso felt like because it was over too soon.

"We're gonna mess up our make-up," he mumbled against your lips with a chuckle. A short peck landed on your lips before Shinso pulled away. His face glowed bright red in a flustered state that you had never seen him in before. "Now you've got some fake blood on your lips too." You looked in the mirror and shrugged. "It fits my zombie look."

Shinso took a quick look at his phone for the time and grimaced. "Our shift is about to start," he told you. "But before that, I wanted to ask you if you'd like to look at what the other classes are doing once we're done?" Your face lit up. "Like a date?" Shinso nodded. "Yeah, like a date!" "I'd love that!"

You agreed on a point to meet later and before you left the break room together, you pressed one last kiss to Shinso's cheek, only to see him blush again.