IZUKU MIDORIYA

Bound Souls - Izuku Midoriya x male reader

» Genre: Angst & Fluff 
» Requested: Soulmates with Midoriya and male reader? 👉🏼👈🏼😊
» Summary: Soulmate AU where soulmates share the same superpower. You were born quirkless and fall in love with the insanely powerful hero student Midoriya
» Warnings: just some angst and crying
» Words: 2.6k

Soulmate AU where soulmates share the same superpower

"Are you Y/N from the General Education department? Class 1-C?" You closed your locker and turned around. A boy stood in front of you, a bit too close, which he noticed too and took a step back while muttering an apology under his breath. "Yeah, that's me." You looked the boy up and down. His tie was not tied properly, his green hair was a mess and he looked way too excited to see you while you had no idea who he was. Judging by the single button on the shoulder part of his uniform he belonged in the hero department.

"And you are...?" "Oh, of course, sorry!" The boy stood up straight before bowing shortly. "I'm Izuku Midoriya from class 1-A! I sent you an email about the tutoring yesterday!" "Ahh yeah I almost forgot about that!" You only vaguely remembered putting up a small ad on the school's website, saying that you would be willing to help other students with different subjects and topics in school that they did not understand. Especially for students from the hero department it was not uncommon to need tutoring since most of them were way too focused on the practical part of being a hero and neglected basic things like maths or foreign languages.

You opened your backpack and pulled out your calendar. "It was English and maths, right? I'm free this afternoon, so we could meet at the café that's quite close to the school's entrance? You know which one I'm talking about?" Midoriya nodded, so you scribbled the time into your calendar. "Alright, I'll see you after school then!"

***

The warm air in the small café smelled sweet like cake and waffles when you entered. A few students from UA and other schools sat in groups and pairs at the tables with their faces either buried in books or enjoying something to eat while chatting. Midoriya was already there; he sat at a table next to a window, so you approached him.

"Have you been waiting for long?" Midoriya shook his head. The hero student had changed after school, he was now wearing an All Might hoodie. Nerd. You sat down and put your backpack on the empty chair next to you. Even though Midoriya had prepared himself for a longer and more relaxed stay at the café, and thus had ordered a drink as well as a snack, you got straight to the point.

"I'm willing to be your tutor, but according to your email you ranked fourth during your midterms? Why would you need tutoring for that?" You watched Midoriya's face turn red. "Well, that has multiple reasons," he started to mumble incoherently. "Don't want to fall behind... Need to do my best... Then there was the-... and I wasn't allowed in class..." You could not make much sense of anything but the last part. "You-" you pointed at Midoriya and narrowed your eyes. "-were one of the students fighting at night, weren't you?" The colour of Midoriya's face changed from light red to tomato red. "Y-yeah..." he sighed. "I didn't miss many classes but all that's on my mind is the practical hero stuff like fighting and I train that instead of studying for the other subjects. So, before the written exams, I always spend my time catching up and studying way too much and I want to change that. I need to work more on that stuff throughout the term, not last-minute."

"I thought so." You opened your backpack and pulled out a pencil and a notepad. "That's a problem many hero students have, so I'm willing to help you with this!" Midoriya started smiling. "That's great, thank you!" He reached into his own bag and put some books on the table. "Let's get started then!"