i'll keep you warm | daminette

"You know, you could have sat this one out." Robin says, glancing at her. "It's Mr. Freeze. No one would blame you."

"Exactly. It's Mr. Freeze!" Ladybird protests. "He's not the most hardcore villain Gotham has. Besides, I'm not sitting on the sidelines while you guys go out and fight!"

"You could join Oracle at the Batcomputer." Robin suggests, then cringes at the glare she gives him.

"I know I'm sensitive to the cold, mon oiseau. I'll be fine."

.o0o.

She was not fine.

They made it within half a mile of the epicenter of the attack when she started shivering.

"Are you cold, habibti?" Robin asks, his domino hiding the concern in his eyes."

Ladybird grits her teeth, willing them to stop chattering. "M-maybe."

Her boyfriend unclasps his cape, the extra-heavy thermal one (because it is Mr. Freeze, after all), and wraps it around her shoulders. "This will help keep you warm."

Ladybird tightens the clasp, reveling in the warmth (and Robin's familiar scent.) "It's like being hugged by you, mon oiseau."

Robin gives her a small smile. "Then I'll keep you warm."

The crackle of ice freezing over the asphalt below snaps them back into the moment. "Let's go." Ladybird says, and leaps off the building towards the attack, Robin's cape keeping her warm.