brother mine | platonic brucinette

Anon: This isn't exactly a fic, but more of a one shot. What if Batman walked in on Big Sis Mari, telling the JL embarrassing moments and stories about kid Bruce, and the JL is like you sure that's the same person? Cause maybe tiny Bruce was just like the most over the top person

 What if Batman walked in on Big Sis Mari, telling the JL embarrassing moments and stories about kid Bruce, and the JL is like you sure that's the same person? Cause maybe tiny Bruce was just like the most over the top person

Recognized: Batman, 0-2, The mechanical voice of the zeta tube drones, and Batman steps out of the teleporter with a dramatic swish of his cape.

His first thought is that the main hall of the Watchtower is eerily empty.

There's always at least one hero lurking in the large, open space, whether it be Barry helping himself to the food in the fridge, Hal watching TV in the lounge area, Victor on monitor duty, or Diana doing pushups on the ground, usually with at least two Leaguers sitting on her back as she does them.

But the main hall is somehow empty, and despite the numerous times he's wished for just a moment of peace and quiet, Batman doesn't have a good feeling about it.

He hears voices from the briefing room, and slinks forward with silent steps, a hand going to his utility belt and drawing out a batarang, just in case.

As he gets closer, the voices become clearer, and- was that laughter?

Yep. That was definitely Clark's cackle, mixed in with Diana's melodious laugh and what is going on?

Batman pushes open the door to the briefing room and freezes once he sees the person that has the League in tears, hunched over and clutching their stomachs as their shoulders shake with genuine laughter, so different from the ones ripped from the throats of Joker victims.

And there's one more person, dressed in red-

"No," Batman growls. "No, you did not."

Ladybug casually sits on the massive table in the middle of the room, looking utterly at ease. The red and black spotted wings on her back flutter, which indicates that she's in an extremely good mood.

She turns around at the sound of his voice and her face splits into an even wider grin, beaming as she gives him a cheerful wave.

"Hello, little brother dearest!" She greets happily, like she hasn't just shattered his entire reputation. "How have you been?"

Batman opens his mouth to reply with something witty, but he doesn't get a chance before Diana cuts him off.

"Batman," She wheezes, brown eyes sparkling with mirth. "Did you really have a punk phase?"

"I don't really see what's funny about it," Batman grumbles. "Every teen has a rebel phase at some time or another."

"Yeah, but you went and got high. And then- And then-" Clark can't even finish his sentence because he's laughing so hard. Batman wants to crawl into a hole and not come out for maybe the next hundred years.

"He got high," Ladybug grins, blue eyes teasing. "And then he started crying about how snakes had no legs for three hours and called bread 'raw toast'. Multiple times."

That sends another peal of laughter through the group, and Batman wonders if the League would be opposed to him throttling his older sister.

"Ladybug. How did you get into the Watchtower?" He asks, trying to salvage the last shreds of his dignity. Batman doesn't remember ever giving her a zeta designation.

Ladybug scoffs, waving a hand. "Pfft, like your satellite being in space could stop the Guardian of the Miraculi. Meet Kaalki."

A small, horse-like kwami floats out from a hidden pocket in Ladybug's suit and looks him up and down for a moment before turning her nose up, away from him, and sniffing haughtily.

Did she just decide The Batman himself was not worth her time? Yes, she did.

Batman doesn't really know how to feel about that.

Ladybug pulls out her yoyo and flips it open, pretending to dramatically gasp. "Oh goodness! Look at the time! I must get back to Paris, it's getting late over there." She gracefully slides off the table, and in the same motion, stands up on her toes to kiss him on the cheek.

"Bye, little brother! Don't get into too much trouble!" She calls, grinning, before saying "Kaalki, full gallop!" and hopping through a portal, which closes after her and makes it seem like she's never really been there at all.

Batman would have believed it, too, if it wasn't for the room full of the world's most powerful heroes still laughing behind him.