4| BARBECUES AND FLYING STUFF

─────❝4| BARBECUES AND FLYING STUFF❞─────

When Joanna Parsons was seven years old, she was at a park with her family and there she met an older kid

When Joanna Parsons was seven years old, she was at a park with her family and there she met an older kid. It happened when she was playing on the kids game, and another kid, mean and much bigger than her, started nagging that it has his turn to go down the slide when he just used it. The small girl was about to give him her spot when the blonde kid appeared and shooed the mean kid away, allowing Jo Parsons to take her turn going down the slide. She was shy, so she smiled and went down the slide.

After that, they found out that they lived near each other but have never seen each other before. it turns out, her older brother did know him from school but never mentioned him. As time went by and they started passing by and meeting, the two kids became friends. Best friends actually. Two years later after meeting that faithful afternoon at the park, Joanna Parsons and Matthew Casey were inseparable. Although Matthew and Joanna's older brother, Rick Parsons, were closer in age, the Casey boy had a deeper connection to the younger Parsons rather than the older.

When she entered middle school, she met a gorgeous girl that quickly became her best friend too. Her name was Bianca Wheeler. All through middle school and high school, Joanna and Bianca were inseparable. Matt was Jo's best friend forever, but Bianca was a close second. When Jo introduced the two, they quickly became fast friends, and the three were inseparable.

Even though Jo Parsons had a shitty childhood, with her parents favoring her brother and other things she didn't like to talk about, having her friends with her made her get through life and become the person she is now. Without them, she doesn't know where she would be. As they grew older, their bond became stronger.

When Jo asked Bianca to come with her to the Firefighters and Friends barbeque, the Wheeler woman couldn't refuse. She's been attending them since Jo became a firefighter and this year was not the one where she was going to miss it. As her wife, Lori, was away on a business trip, the two would have even more time together.

Bianca drove to the building to pick up Jo, who was already outside waiting for her. The brunette was busy on her phone, most likely talking to her boss, when she noticed the black car and said a quick goodbye, and climbed inside the car. "Hey, Bi," Jo greeted, giving her best friend a quick kiss on the cheek. "How's it going?"

Bianca started to drive the car again before answering. "Good, work's great. We have some new personnel so that's amazing for me." Jo looked at her and saw the twinkle in her eyes as she talked about her job. Bianca is a lawyer, being an associate in a famous Chicago law firm and she was amazing at what she did. And Bianca genuinely loves it.

"That's good, Bi." Jo looked out the window before clearing her throat. "Hallie's coming today... with Matt." The brunette looked to her left to see her best friend's reaction to the news. Bianca slammed her foot on the break before composing herself.