Chapter 3

Lola woke up with a start the moment the morning sunlight hit her face. She didn't realize she had fallen asleep and she glanced around her room wondering if last night had been a dream.

One look at the floor next to her bed only reinforced how crazy last night had been. Julian lay on the mattress, as still as a statue with his hands tucked under his head. He looked so peaceful and the more Lola stared at him, the more she started panicking.

She was harboring a damn fugitive in her house. Did that make her guilty somehow? What if the police came over? What if her parents found out?

Lola took a deep breath and forced herself to stop over thinking things. Julian only needed to stay one night and that night was already over. He just needed to rest and after today she wouldn't have to worry about him again.

But then where would he go? Would he have to hide out in the wilderness again? As guilty as she was for hiding him in her room, the thought of Julian sleeping in the woods or in some old deserted house made her feel even worse.

She pushed her blanket to her feet and was about to get out of bed when someone knocked on her room door loudly.

"Honey, breakfast is ready. I brought you some juice. It's a new recipe," Her mother exclaimed excitedly from behind the door. 

Lola froze and immediately looked at Julian. He shifted and then turned before he opened his eyes. She didn't think he'd heard her mother.

He smiled at her and was about to speak when she leapt off her bed like a frog, landed on top of him and clasped her hand firmly over his mouth. 

Julian jerked at the impact but Lola ignored him as she replied her mother quickly. 

"Thanks mum, I just got up. Will have it later," She said loudly and took a deep breath in, hoping her mother wouldn't push further.

"Okay, dear. You're father and I are leaving first. See you after school!"

Silence ensued and Lola finally lifted her palm from Julian's mouth. He stared back at her, his dark blue eyes boring into hers. How was it even possible for someone to look this good after the hell he's been through?

Lola had always believed people looked like crap in the mornings. Her hair was always a mess, sometimes there was drool stuck to her chin. If she was lucky the least she had was a swollen face. Even Nalini and Hanna would wake up with groggy, weather beaten faces when they slept over. 

People looked like shit in the mornings, that was just a fact, a universal law but apparently that law didn't apply to Julian Grey. The undisturbed night of sleep did him wonders, his face was literally glowing under the morning's sunlight and the dark hair falling across his forehead looked clean and glossy. 

And Lola felt like an idiot for openly gawking at him. 

"Sorry, didn't want you to make a sound," She sat up quickly and Julian just smiled at her. It was a content and grateful smile which reached his eyes. 

"Lola." His voice was raspy as her name rolled of his tongue. "Thank you."

She couldn't help but smile back. He looked so happy, so unlike the brooding, moody person in school everyone was used to.

It was only then that she realized she was sitting on top of him, she was literally straddling him and the mere thought made her blush. She quickly apologized and attempted to get up when she felt something hard pressed up against her back.

Lola's eyes widened just as Julian's did and she jumped off him immediately. Her eyes trailed down his torso and then lower but he quickly grabbed his pillow to cover himself.