Chapter 20

"Hey Tyler!" Lola rushed up to a very disgruntled looking Tyler, who was busy trying to get into his locker.

"Oh hey Lola." He stopped the moment he saw her and she noticed he looked slightly embarrassed. "Listen I'm really sorry if I did anything stupid that night. I was kind of drunk and out of it."

"You didn't do anything," Lola waved her hand at him dismissively but inside her heart was plummeting to her stomach. Did that mean he didn't remember the kiss on her cheek or their time together on the bench?

"Really?" He asked her.

"Anyway Tyler, I was planning to write about our class president on my blog. I usually do school related stuff and what better way to get more readers than an article about Tyler Raeken," Lola blurted out quickly before she could chicken out.

She cast a nervous glance at her friends who were standing by their lockers pretending to converse with each other. In truth, they were sneaking glances her way every few seconds. This was all part of their latest plan.

Tyler laughed and shrugged his shoulders. "Well that's a first. I think if you wanted more traffic on your site, you should write about Eva or Damien, people the students actually want to know about."

"No, you don't realize how important your role in this school is," Lola pushed, trying to butter him up with her compliment. "You are the link between us and the school administration. Without you, there is no us."

She internally cringed after those last few words. Who knew stroking a man's ego would be her specialty? She hoped he wouldn't think she was being over the top.

"I mean if you put it that way," Tyler replied proudly, playing into her words like putty. "So what do you need?"

"I've prepared some questions and was hoping if I could tail you around for a few days? Just to see how your life works around here."

Tyler leaned against his locker and smiled at Lola flirtaciously. "Sure no problem. I usually run my errands during and after lunch. Meet you at the cafeteria then?"

"Yeah, sure," Lola replied, her heart pounding. She couldn't believe she'd just pulled off that lie.

The truth was Lola's blog had just been created yesterday and had all but three loyal readers so far - Hanna, Nalini and Damien. They'd concocted this whole thing so that she could tail him around the school offices with a proper excuse instead of just trying to get close to him for romantic reasons.

Julian had insisted on it.

Lola left Tyler as he continued to  struggle with his locker and walked over to her friends.

"Did it work?" Nalini whispered.

"Yup, I'm meeting him during lunch," Lola replied and her two friends squealed silently. She rolled her eyes and took out her books from her locker for first period. "By the way where's the list of questions I'm supposed to ask him?"

"Here," Hanna placed a small slip of paper into the palm of Lola's hand. She quickly placed it into her pocket and nodded gratefully at her friend just as the bell rang.

The girls rushed to their respective classes and their rudimentary schedules continued as per usual until the bell rang for lunch. Lola speed walked to the lunch hall, waiting for Tyler but he was no where to be found.

She frowned in confusion, weren't they supposed to meet here? She waited around for a while but eventually gave up when he was a no show. Lola grabbed a sandwich and sat with her friends at their usual bench, all the while keeping an eye out for him.