Chapter 16

Eva Maximus Simmons was busy deciding what to wear for the party that evening when her mother came in bearing a handful of new outfits. 

"Eva dear, Dior sent in a new dress for you. It's just off the runway and their publicity team requested a picture of you in it on your feed, if possible by this week," Her mother announced excitedly before sitting down on Eva's bed. She placed her perfectly manicured nails over each other and smiled at her daughter.

Jeanine Maximus Simmons was the epitome of class and perfection, from her freshly pressed clothes to her saloon styled hair.

There was never a day Eva saw her mother with a hair out of place or a blouse creased.

"I'll wear it tonight then," Eva said as she walked out of her walk in wardrobe and took the dress from her mother. She ran her fingers along the smooth denim fabric. The dress was short and backless, perfect for a teenager at a party. Apparently Dior thought so as well. 

At the age of fifteen, Eva had been introduced to one of the in house designers at New York Fashion week by her high profile mother.

The designer and social media team had loved her look, saying she looked like a young Eva Mendes. Not to mention her thriving social media platform was just what they were looking for.

Ever since then, Eva had become an unspoken ambassador for the brand, she would get free outfits and gifts in exchange for a few photos here and there to cater to the younger market. 

Eva was no idiot. She knew how these in house marketing teams worked. Once she outgrew her use and could be replaced with other younger, more beautiful muses, she would be replaced. 

And to be honest she didn't even care. 

The only reason she took the offer in the first place was because of how happy it made her mother, Jeanine. 

"Go try it on. I want to see my beautiful daughter in it," Her mother leaned back on the bed and stared at her daughter with adoration. 

Eva stared at her mother, soaking all of her attention like a sponge while she could. These moments were always so fleeting but Eva knew her mother loved her. It's what she told herself everyday. 

Ever eager to please, Eva nodded obediently and skipped into her wardrobe. She took out her tank top and shorts, threw on the dress and walked outside. 

"How is it?" She twirled around,  eyebrows raised as she waited for her mothers approval.

Jeanine clasped her hands together and smiled proudly. "Dior outdid themselves this time. Darling you look splendid." 

She stood up and walked over to Eva, her long white pants swishing like water with each step. She then kissed her daughter's head and gave her a light hug before pulling away. 

"You are perfect," Her mother reinforced as she squeezed Eva's shoulder's and Eva's lips trembled because she didn't believe it. Not since they dropped the truth bomb on her when she turned twelve years old.

Eva was about to tell her mother that she loved her when Jeanine's phone rang and she pulled away abruptly. 

"I have to go dear but I look forward to seeing your picture," She grabbed her phone and began walking out of Eva's room. "Oh and ease up on the drinks tonight. Your belly is showing."

Her mother closed the door and Eva immediately ran to her floor length mirror to check on her stomach. 

She frowned as she turned from side to side, her belly was as flat as could be and Eva never drank alcohol with mixers. Those were the things that caused the fat not the alcohol itself.