ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜʏ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ (ᴏɴᴇ)

It was years ago in the Chois' household and Jun-hong was practicing putting an AK-47 back together after disassembling five minutes before when he received a knock on his door.

He wanted to beat the time that his father had placed before him which was under five minutes.

He bit the inside of his cheek as he glanced down at all of the separated items in front of him.

Would he be able to beat it, he thought to him as he rubbed his hands together to remove any of the sweat that was accumulating on them.

He took a deep breath as he leaned over and hit the timer on the side. But before doing so, Junhong glanced up at the camera that was observing his every moment.

This camera was connected to his father's study as well as other cameras that roamed around the household. So Mr. Choi would know if Junhong beat his time or not since their family dealt with guns of all sorts.

And ever since Junhong could remember he was raised around them, knowing the inside and out until he was dreaming about them while he slept.

Again, another deep breath was inhaled inside Junhong's body and released out as he pressed the timer to start the clock.

His hands started to touch the lower receiver and moved to snap the higher receiver together but before he could move on to the next part, a knock at the door stopped him.

"Master Choi, your father wants to see you," the guard stated.

With the frustration of having his test halted, Junhong slammed the pieces down on the table and shot a glare at the innocent man behind him. "What for?!"

The guard swallowed a large sum of saliva as he placed his hands in front of him. "He didn't say, sir, he just requests for you to come to his study, now."

A loud huff out of frustration blew out of Junhong's mouth as he clenched his jaw trying to hold back not trying to yell at the man once more.

He open and closed his fists until he finally let out another sigh turning his body around and running his fingers through his curly hair. "This better be important or your life is in my hands."

By now, he had turned around was leaving out the weapons room and heading out to take a nice long walk to his father's office.

But he did make sure to warn the guard placing a tight squeeze on the man's shoulder before he left.

Walking down the long hall, Junhong shoved his hands in his pocket. For some strange reasons, he hated seeing his father even though he was the man that raised him.

Not much was talked about his mother and Junhong didn't ask why. He didn't even remember what she looked like.

All he remembered of his father telling him is that she left, leaving him to take care of him.

So even when Junhong looked at the walls of their home, there weren't any pictures of his mother. It was like Mr. Choi wanted to erase her exist for GOD knows why.

Finally, he was outside his father's office. He took one of his hands out from his pocket and pushed down on the handle as he entered the study.

As usual, his father was sitting at his desk sometimes with the phone in his ear or pen in handwriting up a new decree but today was different.

Today, he had a female sitting in one of his chairs.

They were speaking for a short period until they heard the sound of Mr. Choi's door opening and Junhong stepping inside.

Mr. Choi stood up fixing his jacket as he came around his desk to lean on it with the woman still facing the forward.

Junhong took a couple of glimpses at the woman to see that her skin was dark and that her hair was just as curly as his.

"Jun, I'm sorry that I had to pry you away from your test, please sit down," Mr. Choi stated, waving his hands in front of his son to take a seat in the other empty chair next to the woman.

At first, Junhong hesitated as he stood his ground but kept his eyes glued to the young woman in front of him.

He wondered if his father was already arranging for him to marry since he was now an adult.

Even if he was of age, Junhong didn't feel ready to be married at such a young age. "Junhong, sit down!" Mr. Choi ordered, seeing that Junhong was still standing and he wasn't listening to him.

This made Junhong snap out from his deep trance to look up at his father. "If you're thinking about marriage, I'm not doing it, so there's no reason to continue this conversation," Junhong implied after switching his attention back to his father.

Mr. Choi snapped his head up at his son with his arms folded over his chest as he grinds his teeth. "If I wanted to arrange a marriage with you, it would have already been done but you're not the one who will be having an arranged marriage."

Junhong's eyes widening as he wondered who will be the one having an arranged marriage if it's not him. "If I'm not, then who is?" He wondered out of curiosity.

He already knew it wasn't him and sure enough, it wasn't his father since he was too old for that, he thinks, so who.

"The person who will be having the arranged marriage will be her," Mr. Choi points his finger out as he turns to face the woman still sitting down.

Junhong scratched his head, still not understanding the situation. Maybe inhaling some of the gun oil had caused him to not think straight.

If this woman is the one having an arranged marriage, then that meant that she must have connections with the Choi, so who was she to them?

But the answer to his question, Junhong didn't have to wait long to find out.

His father cleared his throat as he parted his lips to speak to the two young people in the room.

"Before your mother Junhong, I was seeing someone and she ended up pregnant. I cared deeply for her and didn't want to lose her even though I was already arranged to be with your mother, so I had the woman arranged to live outside our territory. Even after, I had married your mother, she found out about the woman and ordered that the woman's life and the child's come to an end. She wanted only you to be the only Choi to take charge, even though it was already declared that you would take over. She didn't care and came up with a plan to have a hitman kill my ex-lover and my child, a daughter. I found out about it and stopped the hit. But like always a price had to be paid."

Junhong listened on as he rubbed his fingers over his face to hear how evil his father is making his mother out to be. "You're lying. Why would mom do something like that?!"

Mr. Choi stepped forward seeing how much this was hurting Junhong but he doesn't know how much it hurt him to find out that even after he was able to stop the first attempt, another one was already in place and the woman that he loved was still killed.

"Your mother wasn't thinking straight even after I told her that she was the only person in my life but she took it upon herself to do the unthinkable. She placed a hit on two people that were innocent and so I had to do what I needed to do," Mr. Choi said, even though some of it wasn't true.

Junhong paced back and forth as he still couldn't believe it. "I don't believe you," he mumbled to himself.

Now it was the woman's turn, to tell the truth. Let him know that what Mr. Choi said was true. "What he says is true, Junhong, your mother tried to have my mother and me killed. I survived but my mother didn't; she died protecting me."

Now everything was adding up.

Why Mr. Choi never spoke of Junhong's mother. Why all of her photos were removed from the walls.

Why he never mention her ever again.

It all made sense but at the same time, Junhong still lost his mother.

----

I just noticed that LOVE THY ENEMY may be a three-part chapter. So I will probably post the next one in a few.