ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: тнe calм вeғore тнe ѕтorм

The black-tinted vehicles were loaded up with each individual having a 9mm or rifle in hand as their fingers trembled nervously against the trigger of their own weapon.

Eyes shut tightly as they mediated to clear all thoughts as tonight escapade should only be the thing intact as the location grew closer the drivers drove to the destination, they all knew what lies ahead.

No one said or word, or backed out with a lame excuse as to why they shouldn't be here.

Why they would rather be any place but here

Maybe some of the members thought about that in the back of their minds while they stepped into the vehicle, palms sweaty as they gripped their weapon tighter than before, probably wishing that this was all a dream.

That they would wake up or be relaxing someplace with a drink in their hands, watching ladies in coconut bikini performing an exotic dance in front them in which soon right after, they would take them to their rooms for worldwind of fun that they'll never forget

That's what each man would rather prefer to do or be right now

But, unfortunately, that's not the job or career that they sign up for when they vowed to follow their leader.

Only deep breaths flew in and out from each individual as up ahead the Park's manor was now getting closer.

Tight grips they cling tightly to their weapons.

Fidgeting in their seats as they grew antsy with anticipation as they didn't know what lies once more ahead.

Will they make it home to their families?

Will they be able to hug and kiss the people they love?

Will their families need to come and identify their remains inside body bags to only hear in the end, we're sorry for your loss, so and so fight bravely until the very end.

Will their family turn around and seek revenge because this is what their loved ones signed up for?

Who knows what the conclusion will be but it was a fact that before any rave, this is how it felt for anyone.

Anyone including Yongguk.

He out of all the members, the men who choose this life out of having an ordinary life, the weight of their lives was on his shoulders.

Each family that lost a loved one he personally went to their homes, apologizing on his knees and hands, bowing tremendously.

Many times, Yongguk was hit with anything close in proximity to the grieving family member.

He knew the outcome, he accepted the aftermath, he hated seeing the pain and deceit broadcasted to the grieving mother, father, widower, or child.

No matter how much money he gives to help the family move forward, it could never bring back that member who walked out from their families' pleas to join him.

Sorry wasn't enough.

Bowing wasn't enough.

Nor money wasn't enough.

A life was taken and lost towards the career path that they choose.

There wasn't anything more than Yongguk could do or say as he slowly stood up from kneeling on his now bruised, achy knees.

Bowed again as one of his men left a bag of money behind as he escorted himself out from the family.

Verbal abuse or cursed words cried out from behind him as he heard an elder person or maybe it was a sibling expressing every bit of hatred towards the man who took their loved one away from them.