A painfull reunion

Okay... Okay... Loki was here... Loki was in New Asgard. Finally!

Now he just had to find Thor...

Loki shook his head, trying to focus. He was exhausted from both the journey and the shock of finding New Asgard so... diminished. Everything was swimming around him. His eyes were blurring, his body was hurting so much and his stomach was protesting. A lot...

Thor... THOOOR "Meoooooooow." the pathetic sound escaped from Loki and he groaned as he fell to the ground. Urgggh.

"By the Norns!" a female voice suddenly gasped, "IT'S A KITTEN!"

Loki didn't even have it in him to protest as he was suddenly picked up and found himself face to face with a dark skinned woman.

Valkyrie?

"It's so cute!" Valkyrie exclaimed. "Where did you come from little guy?" she asked. "I didn't know anyone around here had cats!"

"Meow." Loki released a pathetic sound.

Valkyrie just seemed to melt right there on the spot. "You're lost?" she asked. "Are you a stray? Well no matter don't you worry. I got you! You hungry?"

"Meoooowww.." Loki groaned.

"Well of course you're hungry!" Valkyrie gasped. "You like fishies? We got tons of fishies little one! I'll get you some fishies."

Oh good, just make sure they are fresh okay? You got some salmon? I could go for that.

Loki allowed himself to be carried off without protest until they reached a small house where Valkyrie stepped in closing the door behind her. Then they entered what looked like a very small living room. It was sparse. There was a fireplace - though there was no fire right now, couch, coffee table, some swords hanging on the walls and... That was it.

Valkyrie proceeded to pick a pillow up from the couch and put it on the floor. She put Loki on the pillow, and stroked his ear with a gentle hand. "Stay."

She really didn't need to tell Loki twice. Loki just yawned as he stretched his poor abused body and then curled together, enjoying the first soft bed he'd had infar too long as Valkyrie walked into what was presuably the kitchen.

Loki could hear sounds coming from the other room and then... a scent of Fish.

It wasn't salmon, unfortunately; cod would have to do, it seemed. Valkyrie soon returned with a small plate she put down in front of Loki. "There you go sweetie." she spoke in a kind voice she would never have used on Loki if she knew who he was.

Loki lifted his head as he inhaled the scent of very fresh fish! Barely bothering to strecth again, he quickly moved off the cushion to start eating.

Valkyrie smiled warmly. "That's a good kitty." she breathed. "Don't worry, you can stay here if you want, as long as you want. The truth is at this place... We are all strays." she sighed deeply as she sat down next to Loki. "How did you get here though?" she asked, softly stroking his back as he gobbled the delicious fish. "We are quite a bit away from the nearest Midgardian town", she admitted, "and you don't seem like a wild cat."

Loki didn't reply, too busy eating.

"You're cute though." Valkyrie smiled amused. "Ms. Meowses the Third!"

Loki paused as he groaned internally. Oh Norns, the naming again.

"Wait, are you a girl or a boy?" Valkyrie asked.

Loki decided to just ignore the question. He shouldn't have though, as the next moment Valkyrie just blatantly picked him up and held him up to have a peek at his lower region.