Back to New Asgard

It had been a couple of days since Thor had left New Asgard.

Valkyrie couldn't say she was entirely sure about what was going on, something about a museum and a sorcerer having been spotted. All of that was all well and good, but why he had needed to take the cat was a bit beyond her. Yes, they had hardly ever been apart since Ragnar had entered their lives, and it had clearly had a good effect on Thor. But come on!

Still though, they had come a long way. To think that a year ago Thor had been hiding in his house, too ashamed of what he had become to even show himself. And now, he had gone to another country... For whatever reason. But he was out there!

Valkyrie was just making sure Korg had not been setting Thor's house on fire as a strange orange glow appeared in Thor's living room. She blinked as the glow grew and became a round portal, and then... Thor stepped through, holding a well known black cat in his arms.

By the sight of Valkyrie Thor brightened up. "VAL!" he grinned, tears in his eyes and his smile so genuine.

"Thor." Valkyrie smiled amused. "Looks like you found your sorcerer." she remarked.

"Huh?" Thor blinked looking behind himself where the portal closed. "Oh, yes. Him too." he nodded as the portal closed behind him.

"And Ragnar made it too! Hello sweety, hello." Valkyrie grinned starting to pet the cat.

"Erh, Valkyrie." Thor hesitated. "Listen... About Ragnar." he tried.

Valkyrie looked up. "What?" she asked.

"Well, you see." Thor halted, then he broke into a wide smile. "He's actually Loki!" he cried happily.

Valkyrie blinked. "What?" she asked.

"Loki!" Thor sniffed. "He's back! He's right here!" he held up the cat whom looked lax and entirely unimpressed.

"Errrh." Valkyrie looked at Thor. "Thor are you okay?"

"It's true! Look, look!" Thor put the cat down at his feet. "Ah! Just a second." he grabbed his bag and pulled out what looked like a green robe then dumped it on the cat. "Okay Loki show her!"

There were some annoyed sound from beneath the cloth, and then the cat's head appeared. There was silence, nobody moved as they stared at each other.

"Loki... Any time that fits you." Thor tried.

The cat didn't move.

"Loki you're making me look like a stupid idiot." Thor hissed and the cat seemed to grin then Thor slapped his own forehead. "You're doing it on purpose aren't you?"

And the cat... It really looked like it was grinning.

Valkyrie looked at it then shook her head. "Thor, maybe you should sit down." she asked. "I'll get you some water!"

"Valkyrie I am telling you!" Thor exclaimed as she exited the room, then groaned before he glared at the cat. "You know this means pay back right?"

He was just met with a pair of shimmering amused eyes. Thor growled and rolled his eyes as he walked to the couch.

Soon Valkyrie returned with the promised glass of water. "Here you go." she put it on the table. "Is there.." she bit her lip. "Anything else? Tea? Something to eat?" she asked.

Thor groaned again, rubbing his face. "Val, just..." he halted as he looked up.

Loki in Aesir guise was suddenly there, wearing the green robe, standing right behind Valkyrie.