Chaos in the house

Thor.... was shocked. Was in shock.

What... What had just happened? He had been sleeping and things were as right with his shattered world as they could ever be. Then sharp pain on his face had pulled him from the temporary oblivion he craved. He had found himself fighting a ferocious foe, only to be met with a pair of shining green demon-like eyes on a black furry face when he finally had space to focus. Those eyes had been filled with rage, a burning anger that somehow sparked a memory he could not quite reach, aimed right at Thor and now he could not get them out of his mind.

The pain that had accompanied that glare... "Auw, ssshhh." Thor hissed as he gingerly touched his face again. This was not a good time to take a shower; the water made all the scratches sting. It would be impossible to use soap without suffering further pain. This entire shower thing had become a very long and tedious process. And entirely unnecessary. Why shower when he never went anywhere?

Norns, Thor just wanted to go back to sleep. Everything was hurting so much. His head, his back, his heart... And now also his face and arms where that creature had mauled him. Why? Why was he the target of its ire?

Eventually, Thor finished up his shower and was prepared to just go back to sleep already. He found the soiled clothes he'd discarded on the floor more distasteful than expected, and put on a long bathrobe instead. Maybe there was something behind this showering thing after all. He yawned as he opened the door, only to scream in shock.

For there... Right there, waiting on the other side of the door, glaring with those rage-filled demon eyes, was a cat. The cat. It wasn't a big cat. In fact, it was very small. Probably just a kitten. But it was sitting there, right in front of the door, tail lashing back and forth, a low threatening sound coming from its throat and those green shining eyes... Looking at him. They looked very judgmental right now. And angry... So very angry.

"Va-VAL!" Thor yelled. "Valkyrie! You... Your cat is still here!" there was no reply. Valkyrie had left him alone with the creature. Wide-eyed Thor stared back at the cat with growing unease at that unwavering gaze.

Okay, this was ridiculous... It was a cat! And from the looks of it, just a Midgardian cat. A tiny, Midgardian feline. It was so small it could fit into Thor's palm. He had defeated foes far larger and more formidable; there was no reason for him to quail before a mere cat! Thor tried to send the small creature a smile, it was very strained though. "He... Hey." he stammered. "Kitty kitty."

The cat hissed and Thor stepped back in shock.

"VALKYRIEEEE!" Thor shouted.

"Yo, what's up man." A soft voice sounded and Thor groaned as the Kronak entered.

"Where's Valkyrie?" Thor asked.

"Oh, she left a while ago. Oh hey look! Kitty cat." Korg grinned pointing at the cat.

"Korg help me!" Thor asked, vaguely ashamed at the beginnings of panic he felt creeping over him.

"With what?" Korg asked.

"The cat! It won't let me leave the bathroom!" Thor exclaimed.

Korg looked at Thor, then looked down at the cat... The extremely tiny little cat which Thor could easily step over.

Then Korg shrugged. "All right man." He walked over and easily picked up the cat then stepped away. "There!"

Thor looked at Korg in wide-eyed surprise, then he looked at the cat which was still glaring at him! It looked so very angry.

"Didn't know you were afraid of cats dude." Korg commented.

"I.. I'm not afraid of cats." Thor stated.