The final battle

Loki groaned... It was dark, and it was wet.

His body hurt and something heavy was pressing him down.

Loki tried to struggle, tried to get the object off him but found it too heavy. Failing to move it, he tried to yell to see if anyone was in hearing range, but the sound that escaped his throat was not words... It was a whine belonging to a much smaller animal.

Oh right, his default body was now that of a cat. And when a shapeshifter sleeps or loses conscious they will go back to their normal body.

Then he heard big heavy foot steps, belonging to a larger male. Thor? Loki meowed to signal for help.

The person stopped. "A cat?" a voice asked... Not Thor. "Wait, Loki right?" It was... Steve Rogers.

Loki meowed again and finally the figure came closer. "Loki." Steve sat down in front of him, then gently touched his face. "Hang on. I got you. You'll be okay." and Loki felt the large debris being lifted from his body and thrust away.

Steve hesitated. "Okay, I really hope I am not hurting you any further." he said, then gently picked up Loki and held him in his arms. "Oh, hang on." Steve bowed down picking up Lokis green robe which was now filled with dust, and wrapped it around Loki like a kitty blanket. "There we go." he halted then he looked up. "It doesn't sound good up there."

Lokis ears twitched as he raised his head... There were noises, but they seemed to be drowned out. Maybe he had hit his head. Probably actually.

"Just rest Loki. I'll get us out. I promise." Steve breathed.

Damn, this guy really was one of the soft-hearted kinds, and not just pretending to be. Huh, so another one of Thor's good influences it seems.

Loki didn't object, but allowed Steve to carry him around as the super soldier was forced to kick away debris and push beams aside to make a path.

Just then a small voice sounded. "CAP!"

Steve had to look around, then looked down to see a little tiny man standing on a big rock. "Scott."

The little man became a regular sized man in the next second and removed his helmet to reveal a disheveled Scott Lang. "You okay?" Scott asked.

"I'm fine, but Loki might be hurt." Steve breathed and Scott looked down to see the cat in Steve's arm.

"Seriously?" Scott asked.

"Could you hold him for a while?" Steve asked. He didn't even wait for a response to just shove Loki into Scott's arms. With both his own arms free, he could grab a big block of debris and pull it aside.

Scott blinked, then looked at the green-wrapped cat in his arms. "You better not bite me again." he murmured.

Loki could not bother to even respond, just laid his head down.

With Steve clearing a path, they moved steadily forward until they hit a big steel wall and Steve's face fell. "We have to turn around." he had to admit. "This is a dead end."

"No it's not." Scott informed them, shifting Loki back to one arm as he stepped forward and reached into his pocket. "Fair warning, that wall is probably supporting the things above us so when I throw this thing, just run."

Steve looked at him. "You are not going to blow it up are you? If that is the case, I need to ask you to stop right now!"

"Nope, no blowing up. This is way cooler." Scott informed as he threw the object and in the next second, the wall just shrank, shrank into a tiny little doll size and Loki's eyes widened.