Chapter 6

Puppet sighed and grabbed his knife as he heard the children's screams from outside his box.

He began running his finger along the sharp side of the blade thinking to himself.

~when shall you kill her~
~when will your knife be red with her blood~
~when will she lay at your feet begging for more~
~Y/n~
~Y/n~
~Y/n~

He shook his head and glares at the box wall looking away from you as his finger bled upon his blade.

Why was he always thinking of you. Why did he want you so badly...

Why...?

Why...?

WHY!?

He clenched his fists and snarled brandishing his knife above you.

About ready to bring it down upon your own, soft, beating heart within your chest.

His heart raced at the idea, but then it slowed thinking of how you wouldn't be looking at him when he did it.

How you wouldn't look at him with those pretty little eyes of yours.

He cut his arm and smiled as the red blood glistened in the slight light from the holes in the box. He leaned down and licked it.

Then sat back in his corner once again, waiting for you to wake up.

——————————————-

You finally woke up with a yawn. You sat up rubbing your eyes trying to recount all that had happened the night before.

You noticed the box had been opened ajar... maybe this was your chance... your way of escape...

But as soon as you began to stand, puppet jumped back into the box shutting the lid.

"Shush he's coming." He said pulling you close to him putting his hand over your mouth making you stay quiet.

Footsteps sounded and a mans voice echoed through the hall. It was a younger man, probably early 20's, and he was walking towards where, you thought, the night guards office was.

Puppet sighed and let you go. "Y/n I need to get you out... you're no longer safe here."

You stared at him, and you realized just how weak you were from no food or water.

You hadn't known how many days you had spent here, much less how much time had passed since you last saw civilization, but you knew you had to get back.

You looked at him and nodded, as he grabbed your hand. We only have minutes before that clock runs out, so you better trust me and stay quiet while I do this."

You began to say, 'what ever do you mean by that,' until your question was answered and he lifted you in his arms.

Your eyes widened as he quickly farted out of the box and rushed towards the front entry way.

"Listen... I don't have much time to explain, but I'm holding a part of me back so you can leave while you have the chance... the chance to live..."

He burst through the front doors and stopped setting you down. "Run Y/n... run and NEVER return... are we clear!?" He said glaring at you.

You could only stare at him. You began to look over how he had taken care of your injuries and saved your life from that car crash.

You walked up to him, and as he began to back away you grabbed his arm and hugged him, his heart racing beneath his chest.

"I'm not going to leave you... I will return... and you will see me again..."

His eyes widened for a second, you would have sworn you had seen it, until he shook his head and pushed you away.

"No... don't come back... I am warning you... cause next time I see you... you're dead."

You stared up at him, then looked away. "So that's what you were planning...?"

"Y/n I-"

"WAS IT WHAT YOU WERE PLANNING!?"

He didn't reply. He turned, not answering you, and went back inside the pizzeria locking the door behind him.

You stared after him, then turned with tears in your eyes, and strolled away back down an alleyway that lead you back home.