act three ; possession recovery

'Why does my body feel so numb?'
That was the first thought that came to your mind as soon as you gained consciousness. You tried to move your arms but it only resulted in more pain coursing through your body. Slowly, you opened your eyes. Your vision was hazy and it took a few minutes to adjust to the surroundings.

'Where am I?'

The ceiling of this room was foreign to you and there was a chair right next to your laying body. You noticed how you were wearing a green gown. Proceeding to look to your right, you finally saw the damage on your body which explained your pain. Both of your arms were wrapped around in a cast. Confusion made it's way to your brain, how the hell did this happen?

'This is a hospital, right?'

You tried to remember the last events you went through but it was all a blurry memory. Heck, even when you went as far as to strain your brain to dig deeper for answers, all you got is a throbbing headache instead. Sighing, you finally acknowledged that your efforts were futile.

"Ah, Miss (Y/n), you're finally awake." The incoming voice startled you.

Shifting your head towards the single door in the room, a woman in a white coat approached you with a gentle smile. Judging by the stethoscope wrapped around her neck, she was no doubt the doctor that was assigned to you.

"How are you feeling? Can you see clearly? Any headaches?"

You merely gave a few short nods and shakes of you head to answer those questions.
"I do have one problem," you started,
"I can't seem to recall the last events I went through that caused all this...How did I get here?"

The doctor placed a hand to her chin and began to contemplate the best answers she can provide to you. Being the sharp person you are, you didn't overlook the sudden flush of her cheeks and the fidgets of her her fingers as she gave your question a deep thought.

'She's nervous, is she hiding something from me?'

"Um, Doc? Could you answer my question, please?"

At the sound of your gentle yet stern voice, she quickly snapped back to her senses. Immediately, she cleared her throat and responded,
"Well, a few days ago, you were brought here by a man who said you passed out on your school grounds."

"Who is this man?" You asked with genuine curiosity.

"Unfortunately, I cannot answer that question of yours. He wanted his identity to remain confidential. On the bright side, he was kind enough to pay for all your hospital bills in advanced, so you have nothing to worry about your recovery costs!"

You sighed in defeat, guess you're not gonna get a lead from this.
'Passed out on school grounds, huh? How in the world did that happen? Sure, I sleep a lot but it's never to the point where I need to be sent to a hospital...Moreover, I'm curious of this man that she's speaking of..."

"Are you okay, Miss (Y/n)?" In an instant, your thoughts were halted and you briefly nodded your head. The doctor explained that she was gonna do a quick check-up on you before she can leave you to rest. You calmly obliged and allowed her to work her expertise on you. Even so, there's no way you could magically be back in good shape and you understood that. You mentally groaned as you took note of your unpleasant condition. With two of your arms broken and feeling sore all over your body, it'll take approximately three months for a full body recovery.