act six ; one's worth

"Itadori, I'm sorry, my hand is getting quite sweaty, isn't it?" You laughed sheepishly, a little embarrassed. Slowly unwrapping your fingers from his hand, you said,
"You can let go now if you want, I bet it's uncomfortable for you,"

He responded by twisting the position of his fingers to intertwine with yours, locking your hands together again. He shot you an eye smile with a faint pink hue spreading across his cheeks. It was barely noticeable, which made you overlook the detail.

"Can we just stay like this, instead? It's pretty comfy, honestly! I don't mind it..." His free hand moved to bring a finger to his chin as he continued, "...But we can stop if you want, though..."
His voice trailed off nearing the end, a clear indication that he didn't want to bring the gesture to an end.

'Ah, how can I say no to your adorable pouting face?'
You tightened your fingers around his and gave him your infamous heartwarming smile, successfully sending the message of mutual agreement to him.

His demon buddy had other plans, though.

Suddenly, you felt something wet and moist swipe the palm of your hand which was connected with Itadori's. Instinctively, you quickly released your grip on his hand to check, surprising the boy beside you.
"What's wrong?" He asked with concern, before a new voice perked up.

"That's enough. Stop your lovey-dovey bullshit."

Your eyes widened as you realised who the voice belonged to. A mouth had appeared on Itadori's palm which no doubt belongs to the cursed spirit residing in his body.
"Shit!" Itadori swiftly covered the foreign mouth with his other hand in an attempt to shut him up. He chuckled nervously.
"I'm sorry, (Y/n). The idiot does this sometimes-"

He didn't get the chance to finish his explanation when the mouth reappeared on his cheek.
"Oi, woman. Check your wrist."

Itadori rushed to cover his cheek as you tried to process the command Sukuna gave. As you began to examine your wrists, Kuro used his sharp nails to climb up your body by clinging onto the fabric of your clothes. He flopped his cat body on your shoulder, eyeing your wrists too. Initially, you didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary.

"Hmm, it's gone." Kuro whispered in your ear, careful to avoid being heard by Itadori.

Lifting one eyebrow, you processed what Kuro stated. Everything clicked in your brain at that very moment. You brought the injured hand you had from just a few hours ago to your face for a closer inspection. True enough, the model manager's deep fingerprints around your wrist were gone, along with the throbbing pain. Eyes widening in realisation, you felt your throat starting to dry.

You didn't even noticed how shocked stiff you were until Itadori shook your body by your arm.
"Hey! You okay? You looked lost for a second, there!"

Snapped out of your shocked state, you quickly gave him a toothy grin and a thumbs up, not wanting to make him worry. He breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that Sukuna's sudden entrance didn't traumatise you.
"Yeah, anyway...I'm sorry about that," He rubbed the back of his head, clearly agitated and embarassed.

"Don't worry about it, Itadori! It's not your fault." You gave a supporting pat to his back. The sound of his last name leaving your lips reminded him of something he's been wanting to tell you.

"Oh, speaking of which, I've already jumped to using your first name," He laughed. "That's okay with you, right?"

You nodded to him with a genuine smile on your face. Since childhood, you never really minded what other people adressed you as, it's just a name after all.