act eleven ; lamented hearts

She sat by the swings, pushing herself forward with the kicks of her feet. Gazing her eyes upwards, she stared up at the ocherous sky as the sun slowly set within the horizon. Soft wails of children could be heard by the playground in a distance, due to the end of their playtime as dusk approaches.

The young girl watched in pity as their parents pulled them by the wrists forcefully, rushing to return to their respective abodes. Glancing to her (f/c) wristwatch, she decided that it would be best for her to head home too.
'Mom would kill me if I don't prepare the shower for her before she returns home. I have to hurry.'

She began taking large strides towards the direction of her home. Suddenly, a little boy seemingly in the same age range zipped past her like the wind. Noticing a lone tree branch in his running track, she tried to warn him before an accident would occur.
"Hey! Watch out!"

Short of a few seconds, the kid failed to halt in time. His foot slipped on the tree branch, forcing him to fall on his butt. Worried for his wellbeing, she approached him with an extended hand.
"Um...Are you okay?"

As he lifted his face upwards to examine hers, a looming dark energy filled his vision. In an instant, he felt any ounce of courage he had dissipate whilst his body began to quiver. With a look of pure fear evident on his porcelain features, he cried out,
"G-Get away from m-me!"

Scrambling to his feet, he quickly dashed away from the scene as the girl stood in place, dumbfounded. She frowned upon registering his actions, curling her fingers to a fist.
"Again? What am I doing wrong, exactly?"

She pouted in slight agitation, opting to just return home from another failed day of making friends. Just as she was about to resume her journey home, a newly foreign sensation engulfed her senses as she felt two arms encircling her small figure from behind.

"Hm, it's all your fault, isn't it?" A raspy voice whispered in her ear, alerting her senses. When she hurriedly turned around, her innocent (e/c) eyes met piercing red ones. One look was enough for her to be reminded of the event from the last time they met.

"Sukuna?"

A lowly chuckle resonated from deep within his throat as he held her chin in between his fingers. Noting the change in atmosphere, she was no longer a little child at the playground anymore. She was currently in her teenage years, flushed upon her captive's chest.
"It's all your fucking fault," He reminded, gnawing at the sorrows of her heart.

She gulped in regret, mind hazy at the way his touches intoxicated your stimulus.
"Itadori, Fushiguro and now, that woman Nobara. The first friends you ever had. Tell me, (Y/n), how does it feel to be the cause of their deaths?"

"Shut up..." She felt a lump beginning to form in her throat from the never ending regrets.

"All those sacrifices, just to get what you want."
He traced the skin above her collarbone with ice cold fingers, a satisfied grin etched on his lips.
"...All those fucking sacrifices," He repeated, mocking you further. "...just to be a tool of amusement for me."

= = = = = =

"(Y/n)! What the hell is wrong with you? Wake the fuck up already!"
Jolted awake by a pair of paws squishing your cheeks, your eyes flew open to take in your new surroundings. Sweat beaded your whole face, glistening on your skin. You took quick breaths to calm your racing heart, awoken from the nightmare you had.
'A dream? Aside from Sukuna randomly being there, why was I suddenly reminded of that incident 8 years ago...?'