act nine ; physical intoxications

'Shut up, there's no way I'm doing that yet. I'm not risking you killing my friends,' Itadori turned down the special-grade curse's demand to switch roles. In response, Sukuna angrily screeched at him,
'You fucking idiot! What the hell are you gonna do about her, then?"

Itadori resumed his focus on you, seeing your figure desperately clinging to the monster's bicep, struggling to pry the pressure off of your neck. He saw the quick rise and fall of your chest, a strong indication that you were lacking the oxygen needed to breathe. Itadori cursed under his breath, anger boiling inside as he watched. Mumbling quietly under his breath,
"I'll manage."

He could hear Sukuna scoffing aloud at his statement, 'Fucking hell, get moving already, you insolent piece of shit.'

The boy didn't need to be told twice. He ran up to the cursed spirit with a tightening punch, aiming for its throat. When it noticed Itadori nearing itself, it released one of its hand from your throat and brought it forth towards the charging boy. The grip the curse had on your throat lessened as it was currently locking on Itadori's movements. Taking the opportunity, you hurriedly took deep breaths to compensate for the lack of air in your lungs, thus preventing suffocation.

You noticed a yellow stream of cursed energy beginning to emit from the curse's arm, directed at Itadori. You screamed in worry,
"Yuji! Get out of the way-!"

It was far too late. The curse released an enormous amount of cursed energy towards Itadori, pushing his body away to the wall. The intense sheer amount of force cracked the walls behind him, creating a loud crashing sound.
"Yu-!" Your scream was cut off your throat as the cursed spirit released the last hold it had on your throat. Your body instantly limped to the ground, but you didn't have enough time to flee before the curse ripped its purple cocoon, freeing its lower body and slammed its right leg on your back.

"Ack—Fuck!" You cursed out in pain, the force enough to implant your body on the cement. Feeling a sensation riding up your oesophagus, you forcefully vomited a severe amount of thick dark red liquid. Noticing your eyesight starting to blur, you used the last ounce of strength you had to lift your head and glare at the cursed spirit as it started heading over to your friend.

You watched as it spread its arms wide, collecting a new wave of cursed energy to send another strong blow to him. Before Itadori had time to react, the curse released another shot of its power, crashing Itadori through the walls. Seeing him tumble harshly on the new cemented room made your heart ache.
'Shit, I feel fucking useless...'

You tried to move your limbs but as a result, your whole body felt sore.
'I can't just stay here and rest! Yuji's in danger!'
Opting to ignore your bodily discomfort, you silently limped your way towards the curse. When you got close enough, you used all the strength you could muster to jump on its back and pushed it to the ground. You successfully tackled the large being and used your body weight to secure him in place. It whined loudly under you and flailed its arms around, but you prevailed.

Why didn't you use your strength to flee, dumbass?

"Yuji!" You shouted to wake Itadori up from his short unconscious state. "Now's your chance!"

Fuck, woman, you're gonna get yourself killed.

Itadori jolted awake to stare up at you, his eyes no longer carrying any sign of hope. All the light in those light brown orbs disappeared completely. With a shaking voice, he croaked out,
"I was so full of myself...I thought I was strong. I thought I was at least strong enough to choose how I die...But I was wrong."