Chapter 3

Elijah's POV:

I held little Lana as close as possible without hurting her. I looked up to the adults my eyes meeting the two strangers and they gave me a disgusted look?

I didn't let them bother me as I looked at my daddy with big pleading eyes en said "She's hurt, we need to help her"

He started walking towards us and a growl involuntarily escaped my lips. He held his hands up in surrender and told me "Son I can't help her if you don't allow me to come near her. I'm only going to help it's okay."

Hayden's POV:

Elijah nodded his head slowly, and I went closer and bent down in front of them. "Hello Lana, are you okay? Where are you hurt sweetie?" I said in a tiny voice not to scare her.

I can see the tears building up in her eyes again and Eli pulls her closer to calm her down. I've never seen anything like this before, but I'll comment on that later when both the little munchkins infront of me is back to being happy kids.

I see Alana glance towards Mr. Micheals with big eyes and I looked at him too. He looks angry? tense? Something is not right.

Alana looks back towards me and whispers "I'm okay. I will be okay" like she is trying to convince herself more than me. While Eli gives me those big pleading eyes again.

I slowly lift my hand and brush a loose strand of hair out of Alana's face. I see her flinch slightly and I know something is definitely not right. She is not just shy, she is scared, terrified.

I mind link Alex "Take those two to my office, something is off, I have bad feeling about this. I'm taking the girl to the doctors so they can check her out."

"Glad I'm not the only one who got that feeling. I'll keep a close eye on the so called parentals, link me when you have news." Alex replies, as I see him explain something and lead them away.

I scoop Eli up in my arms with Alana still in his arms and start walking to the pack hospital. Alana whispers "what's happening" while Eli just runs his hand up and down her back whispering back "we are going to help you"

When we enter the pack hospital people are staring at us, wondering why I'm carrying the two pups this strange, semi on top of each other. But I don't let them bother me and neither does the pups.

As I round the corner to Dr. Martin's office my mate stares at me with wide, terrified eyes thinking something happened to her pup. I give her a small smile indicating everything is fine. And she starts walking with us with a confused expression on her beautiful face, with her full eyebrows scrunched together.

I walk into Dr. Martin's office and put the pups on the bed and the instantly cuddle closer to each other. I can see shock on both the doctor and my mate's face so I open a mind link between the three of us to explain to them that they are mates. Yes more shock from the two ladies in the room, and I can see tears forming in my mate's eyes so I pull to my side and hold her. Then I ask Dr. Martin to do a full checkup on Alana.

"Hey Alana..." Dr. Martin didn't get to say anything else or move closer because another growl left Eli's lips leaving the ladies stunned.

"Elijah Grey Stevens you do not growl at the docter" a chuckle escaped my lips at my mate's scolding while Eli had a guilty look on his face. She gave me the  scary 'don't mess with me' mate look and I had to explain "Baby, she is definitely not the first person he's growled at today"

She gave me big eyes and whispered "he growls now?" Which just made me chuckle more. Yes I'm a big scary Alpha who chuckles when around his mate. With the mate bond a lot is possible.

Dr. Martin explained to the pup that she is just trying to help and has to check that Alana is okay. Eli refused to let Alana go so in the end the settled with holding hands to allow Dr. Martin to do her work.

When Dr. Martin is done with her checkup, Eli goes back to cuddling Alana while Dr. Martin comes over to talk to me and my mate.

"Alpha it is not good she has definitely been abused"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡