Chapter 5

Alana's POV:

I've never felt loved or safe ever in my life before. As long as I remember I've been called a 'mistake'. Mr. Micheals, yes I had to call my own father Mr. Micheals, and Carla always said I was never supposed to be born.

They said I'm not strong and that I'm a brat. I am not even allowed to have fun I only went out to play in the garden when I knew they were away or they didn't know I was outside. I love gardens, flowers and butterflies.

The only other fun thing I did was read. I had a few books the pupsitters gave me that I hid in my room. Otherwise I have to clean up the messes they make. Take their things to their room, wash the floors. I get thrown around and Mr. Micheals hits me with his belt on my back if he is mad, drunk, in a bad mood or just feels like it.

Everytime someone at a pack got suspicious of how I was treated we would move to a different pack. They kept telling me 'we are just keeping your worthless ass around until Carla gets pregnant and we have a perfect boy, then we're dropping you off somewhere in the woods'.

I was not happy with the move to 'Alpha Hayden's' pack. I had a secret friend in my old pack. And when I tripped over that stupid rock, the beating from two days ago hurt so bad, and I knew I'd be in trouble for 'making a scene'.

So when I heard the little growl and I was suddenly pulled into a hug, I had so many emotions. First pain, confusion and then, strangely warmth, love and safety. I didn't know what love and safety was but I'm sure that is what it should feel like. And I never ever want to let go of it again.

But of course the lady in the long white coat said I had to. So Lijah said he will let go of my body, but he won't let go of my hand. But as soon as the crazy lady was done sticking things in my mouth and looking at things on my skin and listening through weird things, I cuddled back into Lijah's warmth and safety.

After a while Alpha HayHay left, I wasn't scared of him so much anymore because Lijah said it's his daddy, and he is helping us be safe.

Eventually we went home with Lijah's momma, she didn't say much she just kept looking at us. When we got to the house I had to work hard not to run up and smell all the pretty flowers. The garden was so big and pretty. I wonder if I will be allowed to play in this garden.

Lijah's momma made us some chicken strips to eat for dinner, I've never had those. I wasn't allowed to eat a lot before, they said me eating was a waste of their money. I don't even know what money is.

I was sitting on Lijah's lap, and he was waiting for me to take the first piece of chicken. But it burnt my fingers so I pulled back quickly and put my fingers in my mouth. Lijah gave a big gasp while his momma kept saying 'sorry'. So for the rest of the dinner Lijah made sure the chicken was cold enough so I won't burn and he was feeding me between bites of his own.

When it came to bath time to get ready for bed neither me nor Lijah was very happy because his momma said we had to let go of each other, completely! After a few minutes of arguing between Lijah and his momma and some threats about taking his juice away? And her promising it is only for a few minutes we separated to our own bathrooms.

Lijah's momma introduced herself as Lila and she helped me get a bath ready with some nice bubbles. She gave me all these nice scented soapies and she helped me wash my hair while I popped the bubbles.

She gave me some of Lijah's clothes I could wear and told me that she will get me some girl clothes in the morning, but I didn't care to wear his clothes because it smells nice like him.

After the nice hot bath it was time for bed. And a whole new argument started because they wanted us to sleep in different rooms?

I am not leaving Lijah for a whole night. We were clinging to each other and the argument got a bit loud and before I knew it a loud 'NO!' escaped my lips.

Next thing I know Alpha HayHay is in the room with us looking at us with big eyes and tears were falling down my cheeks.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡