Epilogue

The air hung heavy with moisture and a tinge of heartbreak. The most recent thunderstorm had subsided and left behind dark aura that lay over Malachi Peak in its wake. Lights didn't shine as bright. Laughter didn't echo as loudly down the streets. The city's energy had been sucked from it, much like a vampire does to its victim.

A figure loomed from above. He stared down the edge of the cliff, miles outside of the city. He surveyed the glistening buildings, their lights glimmering in the darkness. His fingers toyed with a golden medallion, running them over the etched designs. He gripped it until his knuckles blanched, stuffing it in his pocket upon hearing the approaching footsteps.

"It doesn't appear to have worked."

A woman joined his perch. Her golden hair swam around her face, a mess of tangles and knots. The specks of blood across her pale skin glowed in the moonlight. She ran a hand over her lips, a streak of blood growing over her skin. She licked it, relishing in the taste of fright from her last kill.

"It should have worked," he roared, whipping around and ignoring his companion. He breathed deeply and settled himself, mimicking what victims did to calm down before he ripped their hearts out. Blood, he needed to feed. If not, the hunger would induce a blind rage and send him on rampage. "It should have fucking worked."

"I fear they're only getting more powerful." She fell in step with him, her heels clacking against the cobblestones. "We followed the instructions."

"We've underestimated the Pentacle and the power of their ancestors," he growled, casting his eyes to the sky. He stormed down the remainder of the hill into the small home nestled amongst the trees. "This isn't over. Not by a long shot."

A/N

A/N

(10/31/2020) Oh my lanta, it's the end. What?! What?! I cannot believe I'm here. That I finished my first ever book. I am beyond shocked. Never thought I had it in me, to be honest. Yet, here it is. I felt that it was fitting that I finish it on Halloween, especially with it being a full moon – the second in October. Once in a blue moon, as the saying goes. I began this book journey here on Feb. 29, so two relatively rare events felt fitting.

Gotta shout out my dear friend, TwistedNym, for going on this journey and being one of the best and most truthful first readers in the game. You've stuck with me from the beginning, and I am so happy you did <3

That being said, thank you to everyone who has made it this far. For all the love you've shown, whether in comments, votes or just reads. This was a giant labor of love and energy.

After a two-month break in 2019 that took me into 2020, I was worried I wouldn't touch this book again. I had fallen into a rut. A giant rut. Made it 20 chapters but couldn't go back. Somehow I brought myself back to my computer then to a notebook and dove headfirst into finishing this. I've started book two, but it'll be a bit before it makes it on here. Don't worry, though, Ivy's story isn't done. Not by a long shot.

I'm hoping to follow up with the aesthetics of the characters and other aspects. So stay tuned for that. I wanted to wait until the end before putting out any imagery so readers could form their own ideas.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart <3

Happy Halloween!