Ghosts

Westminster, 1471

Westminster, 1471...

"So he wouldn't listen then?" Meg questioned as she was braiding Marian's hair a few days later
"It seems not! He just wants peace, Meg, which I can understand but..."
"But Anne needs help?"
"Yes, exactly! But I don't have the power to question the King, Richard does!"
"Will you speak to him again?"

Richard and Marian had not spoken since their disagreement and she didn't know how much longer she could carry on with it!
"Of course I will! I suppose it just depends when I get the opportunity to...he is awfully busy sometimes..."
"You know he will never be too busy to see you, Marian."
Marian sighed
"Perhaps"

A few moments later the Queen entered the chamber, both women rose and curtsied.
"Ah, there you are Marian?" The Queen asked"I need you to help me find Lizzie again! She has vanished into thin air!"
"Of course!"

Nodding to Meg, Marian walked over to Elizabeth and together they began to walk down the halls of Westminster, checking in all sorts of places for the Princess. Then as Marian looked ahead of her she saw a startling sight. George with Prince Edward. The Queen and her friend looked at each other as they saw the scene in front of them and then immediately set off at a fast pace, following the Duke and the small child who had disappeared into Edward's study.

"Come here my Prince" the Queen said, swiftly taking Edward from George's arms and handing him to Marian who held him tightly to her chest while he began to affectionately nuzzle into her neck. The Duke of Clarence rolled his eyes and went to sit by his two brothers who were also in the room.

Richard looked at Marian but she looked down, avoiding eye contact; cradling the little Prince as his little hands played with the jewels of her necklace.

"It won't be very long before we see him settled at Ludlow!" George commented
"Ludlow castle?" Elizabeth repeated "are we to live in Wales?" She around looked at the three men

"Well, we won't, but our son will!" The King announced "when he's two" The Queen took a step back "he's the prince of Wales! He must establish his own household there"
"And what possible use has Wales for an infant Prince?" Elizabeth demanded coldly
"The people must know him from childhood, your grace" Richard answered "that way they'll learn to love him and that's how well break Welsh loyalty to the Tudors."
"No!" Elizabeth spoke with a tone of finality "I'm not letting go of my son."
Edward sighed

"This is what it means to have a Prince and not a girl. It is simply a matter of choosing the right guardian for our son"
"Then I will appoint his guardian! I am his mother and if he is to leave me then I will choose into who's care he goes and who will raise him into a man!" Elizabeth stated, her face determined.