33

Your mouth's a gun
And no war and anger
Was ever won...

__

There was a type of explosion happening inside Chimdi's brain at the moment. And no, it wasn't the good kind. It was the type that had her hating the idea of being part of any activity relating to the world of glitz and glamour.

Talk Naija blog, alongside every other active blog in the country had carried the news of her nomination to participate in the coming ANTT award, to all and sundry.

It didn't help that there were a lot of false rumors going on, especially after her rival on red carpet had been MIA for quite a while.

Was she ecstatic that Ella Edidong wasn't around to cause her life loads of drama? Partly.

Was she happy that everyone in and oustside the four walls of her school were talking about the coming award? Definitely a no.

She felt like she was being watched. Periods like that came with judgemental stares and creepy fangirl shows.

She couldn't walk for a good minute without being bombarded with questions she was in no mood to indulge in. Hers and Ella's name on everybody's lips.

It'd take a matter of time before she snapped, replacing the faux smile with a scowl.

Speaking of snapping, it didn't take a second before she spotted her least favorite person in school, taking confident strides to were she was.

She let out a frustrated sigh.

Seeing her flirt around with TJ the other day at the common room, had the skinny girl grinding her buccal cords together in rage. And the stupid boy, she thought, was busy playing along, encouraging her to carry on with making an absolute fool of herself.

Why do you care? You don't own him.

She nodded, concurring with her subconscious mind. She didn't care, even if he flirted with the whole female population in Pacesetters.

Liar!

But the image was evergreen in her memory, she felt like hauling the fatter girl to a desert, or even, the north pole, where she'd feel enough pain.

Jeez Chimdi, you sound like a sick ex.

Respiring in and out, slowly, she tried to clear her mind. She didn't need a useless jealous bone at the moment. Not when there were eyes monitoring her every move. Her mother would kill her if anything jeopardized her chance of winning.

Any wrong act could make her get on her mother's bad side. She didn't want that. Not even when TJ was involved.

She'd thought avoiding him would erase him from her memory, how wrong she was. Barely looking at the girl he'd flirted with had her thinking of the cruelest things.

No devil, not today.

She watched the slender girl make her way to where she stood, and as ironic as it sounded, their outfit spoke of how different they were and how the skinny girl viewed the situation at hand.

Chimdi put on a fake smile, she wasn't going to create a scene and definitely not with her.

"Hey Aby..." Chimdi greeted in a sweet voice that sounded so faux to seem genuine.

Abike's face mirrored a confused frown for a split second, before clearing up. "Oooh, I see where this is coming from."

Chimdi scrunched her face in confusion as well. "I don't get..."