2. Downtown (That's the Way to My Love)

You gotta go downtown
That's the way to my love
Take it round and round
Ooh, you can't stop 'til you find my love
Go downtown,
To taste the sweetness will be enough
That's the love that you've been dreaming of
-SWV

Eighteenth birthday drama was not that bad. Pamela let her invite A-listers and many of her celeb friends were there. Not that they were real friends, they never got to know her. At least she had M'Liyah and Melodie. She did not know what she would do if she did not have her girls with her through the journey she called fame.

"So Gin, what hottie are you trying to scoop up tonight?" M'Liyah asked, standing near her while she snuck gin into her cup of punch.

She guzzled the punch down before she answered the question. "So many to choose from. Any, many, minee, mo," she said, scanning the party room. She was seventeen and had yet to have a boyfriend. That was going to change somehow tonight.

"Turning eighteen is a big deal. Lucky you are the oldest, you get to do everything first before us," Melodie said, grabbing Ginger's cup and taking a sip, then making a face. "Ugh! Girl! Shit is nasty!"

"Lightweight." Ginger poured more gin in her cup, though there was no more punch in it.

"Mel, you're only a month behind. I have to wait four more months," M'Liyah said with a sigh. "Besides, there's no guy around I'm even interested in. Mel, you have a guy that is crazy in love with you, Gin, you don't care for the concept of love. Me, I want that love that knocks me off my feet."

"Excuse me, wench, I believe in love. It just ain't for me. We're young! We're hot! We're famous! Why fall in love when we can enjoy the best time of our lives," Ginger told her. "I'm wilding out, LiyLiy, keep your mom away from me tonight. That's my birthday wish, remember."

"Got it."

Though she liked being the center of attention at her party, she had other plans. She made sure a hotel room key was delivered to her secret crush and hoped he would take her up on the offer. She made it up to her room and took a nice long shower and made sure she was fresh and clean from head to toe. She did not know what to expect, she may have always had a dirty mind, but she was new to this.

She slipped on a sexy negligee but hoped it would not be on long. She sprinkled red rose petals all over the bed before she lay on the silk sheet covers, hoping her crush would find her super tantalizing.

When the door opened and in walked the man she had wanted for years, her heart skipped a beat.

"This is what you want for your birthday?"

She smiled at him. "Yes. Do you want?"

"You know I find you damn sexy."

"Feelings mutual, you know that."

"But...you are still my artist. I've known you since you were fourteen."

"I'm not a kid anymore." She spread her legs open so he could see the tiny thong she wore. Spitfire licked his lips and moved closer to her in the bed.

"You could have any guy down there."

"I want you, stop having me wait so long. I'm eighteen, old enough. I waited right. That's what you said back..."

"Back when you were fifteen trying to fuck me," he reminded her, looking down at her and rubbing her cheek. "I wanted you then you don't know how much I had to hold myself back from just taking you."

She grabbed his hand and kissed it.

"Spitfire, make me a woman tonight."

He got into the bed and pulled her close to him, kissing her so long and strong she turned to jello. She knew Spitfire was the one for her. He was all she ever wanted. The only boy that did it for her. Sure, technically he was a man when they met, he was twenty-three when she met him at fourteen. He was not about that R. Kelly and Aaliyah's life, so after she came on to him, he pushed her away and said maybe when she was older and if she felt the same way.