16. Every Day of the Week

You were looking so good to me
That night we met, I could not see
How deep you were to penetrate my heart, mmm
Now that some time has passed
It made me think that this was meant to last
I never want to be apart, oh, no, no

When do I want to see you
When do I want to please you
Every day of the week
When do I want to love you
When am I thinking of you
Every day of the week

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, even on Sunday
-Jade

She did not want to be going through what her girl was going through. Melodie kicked all his things to the curb when she got back and they changed the locks. Her play brother was calling her and begging her to let him talk to Melodie. She was not trying to get in the middle of that.

It was a crazy few weeks. After they got back from Japan, they were back in Atlanta to officially start work on their fourth album. They would be in the studio day and night. Whenever she was recording, she tried to be on a strict diet as well. Certain foods fucked up your vocals cords.

And no smoking or drinking either. She liked to get wasted with the best of them, but she was a professional about her music.

Most of the songs for the album were going to be songs written by M'Liyah. Each album had a bit more of her songs, with this one being majority hers. She hated that. She tried her hand at writing and though she could come off with some bars here or there, it wasn't as coherent as what M'Liyah was putting out. Still, she submitted what she had and any other ideas to Spitfire.

"Asia's coming in the studio today to knock that one out."

She rolled her eyes and walked away from him, but he grabbed her arm.

"Be professional."

Yeah, whatever. She walked into the sound booth with M'Liyah and Melodie warming up their voices doing some harmonizing.

"Men are dogs," Melodie said, looking over the song sheet. "LiyLiy, can you write a song about these bum ass men out here?"

"Say My Name, Bust Your Windows, Beautiful Liar, Before He Cheats..."

"Yeah, but we can put our PT flava on it," Ginger said. "Sheeiit, fuck it, how about we flip the script and we talk about how we can play their asses."

"Totally not our style. We're the good girls," M'Liyah said.

"Sounding like Momma Pam," Ginger said with a huff.

"Sounding like a chick that ain't been cheated on," Melodie said.

Ginger dapped up her girl. "Amen! Mel, let's me and you work on that shit together."

"Bet."

"You ladies done in there messing around? Let's lay something down before Asia gets in here."

She did like the song that Asia would be recording with them. It was a hot dance track and she hoped they got to do a video, even with Asia in it. She wanted to out dance her old ass and take her shine. Chick was over twenty years older than them, she couldn't hang.

When she finally arrived, with several little flunkies around her, she was all up on Spitfire's face.

She was going to throw up.

"Hi girls," she said, walking over to them, giving them air kisses. "We are going to make history with this song. I love it so much Liyah, you are a phenom."

"So glad you like it. I'm so honored to get to work with you finally."

"You will be submitting some songs for my album, right?"