9. Weak

M'Liyah POV

I don't know what it is that you've done to me
But it caused me to act in such a crazy way
Whatever it is that you do when you do what you're doing
It's a feeling that I don't understand
'Cause my heart starts beating triple time
With thoughts of loving you on my mind
I can't figure out just what to do
When the cause and cure is you
-SWV

"Thanks for inviting me to the party."

"Actually, I didn't invite you...Ginger did. I didn't think you would come because my mother scared you off."

He chuckled. "No, I don't scare that easy. Besides, it didn't matter what she asked me to do, I still wanted to see you again."

She did not want to know what her mother asked of him. Wait thirty days before he called her? No dating? No kissing? No sex? Oh, she was sure about the sex thing. Her mother wanted her to wait till she was married. She just wanted a boyfriend....with all the benefits. She was almost eighteen, she should be allowed to do whatever she wanted.

"What did my mother tell you?"

He grinned, "Well, that's between she and I, but I promised I would be a gentleman, and court you."

"Court me?" She sighed. Her mother really was behind the times.

"No, it's cute," he said. "You're worthy of that."

"I'm so embarrassed."

"Well, you're cute when you're embarrassed."

She groaned, hiding her face with her hands.

"Stop," he said, moving her hands. "Look, I know we both have crazy schedules and everything, and your mom discussed that with me as well. You're in LA in two weeks, can we go on a proper date? The movie I promised you?"

"Okay," she said, biting her lip. She had to wait a whole two weeks to see him again?

"Don't do that," he said, touching her lip. "Or I will want to kiss you right here."

Her stomach somersaulted, and then the cabbage patch, and then moonwalked in circles.

"I can't stay," he said, taking her hand. "Can you walk me out, or you think your mom-"

"No, let's go," she said, looking around to see if she saw her mother. Good thing the party was a dud and it was mostly people she did not know. Her mother wasn't even there.

They walked out of the building and there was paparazzi there. They had to been tipped off about the party because it was private.

"M'Liyah! Donnie! You two a couple now?" they shouted out.

"Damn sorry, I didn't know they followed me from the airport," he said, pulling her back inside. "My bad."

"It's okay. My mom will probably pay them off and not get those published."

"What? You don't wanna be seen with me," he said with a grin.

"N-no, I didn't mean-"

"I'm playing," he laughed. "I don't want it out there either till you are officially my girl."

Oh-kaaay! She smiled inside at that.

"I wish I didn't have to go and we could hang out more."

"Yeah, me too."

"I'll make sure we get enough time next time to really hang." He pulled her in his arms and hugged her. He planted his lips on her forehead, kissing it, holding his lips there for a moment.