17. No One Else

There you are, lookin' at me
Tell me, what you want this to be
It could be everything, that your heart desires
All you have to do is stick around for a while
There's so many things, that I wanna do
Take you all around, it's all up to you
If you take my hand, and just follow me
There's no telling what we could be
Just you and me
-Total

Today was her big day! Finally

She was turning eighteen.

Unlike Ginger and Melodie, she was having her party in LA and there was nothing but A-Listers there. That was her mother planning the party, she did not care who was there. From Beyoncé to Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Drake, and Hollywood players like Gabrielle Union, Issa Rae, Amandla, Jacob Latimore, and even Zendaya who she was good friends with.

But she could not wait to see Donnie. She still was in her hotel suite getting glammed up and he texted her he wanted to come and meet her. They were making their official debut as a couple, even though they had been spotted out together.

When there was a knock on the door she knew it was him. Her mother went to get him and had him wait in the foyer. She groaned as they still worked on her hair and face.

"Can I see him, mom? He can come in here and sit with me till they're done."

"No honey, he can wait. I'm going down now so I can be there when my baby girl makes her grand entrance."

She did not like being fussed over, but she knew there would be lots of pictures and she had to look perfect. When they were done, she headed out to see Donnie. She smiled because he was matching her color scheme and he looked damn sexy in the burnt red.

"Wow!" he said, looking her over. "I didn't think you could look more beautiful."

"Aw, thank you."

He kissed her.

"I'm one lucky guy."

"No more kissing, you'll mess up her make-up," her make-up artist Lynette said, reapplying lip stain to her lips. "Let this set! No kissing!"

"Then you better follow her all night, I'm kissing my girl," Donnie said, then kissed her shoulder. "There, how's that?"

Lynette grunted, brushed her shoulder with shimmer.

"Can you just not touch her till she makes it to the party and takes some pictures?"

"Can I hold her hand at least?"

He held her hand and they left her suite with Lynette, her assistant, and two guards. She felt like she didn't need a guard when she was with Donnie. He would protect her.

"You up for this? Us walking in together and everyone knowing about us?" Donnie asked in the elevator.

"I never wanted to keep you hidden. This will be fun."

"I know all the fellas been giving me hell. I blew their shot."

"Their shot at what? Me? Nooo, I don't think any other guy was interested in me."

"No, no other guy was brave enough to step to you...or probably pass the scrutiny of Pamela Wilson."

They made it to the ballroom and already there was paparazzi gathering at the entryway wanting to take their pictures. They posed for some but they were not stopping to ask the barrage of questions thrown at them. When they went to the party, everyone broke out and sang Happy Birthday to her. She was all smiles and felt like a little girl.

"You want to go talk to your guests? I can stay back here-"

"No, I want you by my side the whole night," she said.

Typically she was the quiet one. She talked to a few and did think of many of the celebrities as close friends, but she spoke to each and everyone one of them. She got to know them, laughed and chatted, and had lots in common with them. Most celebrities were shy themselves but played the role of entertainer to the world. They kept to their private lives for the most part.

She had fun. She danced with Donnie, she danced with her girls. She partied.

"Girl, I gotta admit, yo party flyer than mine," Ginger said as they danced to one of their song that had the whole place hype.

"I wasn't trying to outdo you. And you know this is all my mom, but I'm happy," she said, hugging them. "I have my girls. I have a gorgeous boyfriend! I am on top of the world."

"It looks good on you too, girl," Melodie said.

"I want you two to be happy like me. Find a great guy like Donnie and-"

"Excuse you," Ginger said, pushing away. "Don't get all up in my private life like that just cause you finally have a boyfriend. I'm doing well in that department.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean...and with Tempo?"

"Girl! No, but whatever," Ginger said and stormed off.

"I didn't mean to make her upset," M'Liyah said.

"Well, it's hard seeing someone so happy and everything so perfect when their world is so fucked," Melodie said, and also stormed away.

She stood there confused. Why were her friends so upset? How was it her fault they could not pick a good boyfriend? They should just be happy for her.

"Hey Liy, you okay? What's up with your girls?" Donnie asked, coming to her side and taking her hand.

She smiled at him and everything was perfect again. If they were mad at her for being happy, then oh well. "Nothing Donnie, everything is fine."

She put her arms around him and gave him a big kiss and did not care that everyone was looking. It was her day.

And she had a surprise for everyone. She was going to be performing a new song she wrote. Yes, by herself, for the first time ever.

She headed to the stage.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming to celebrate my birthday. It means so much to me. I hope you all are having fun.," she said, trying to look around at everyone as she talked. "I want to really thank someone special, he's been the best thing that has ever happened to me. He's sweet, he's caring, he's funny...oh gosh, he's amazing and I'm just so lucky he's a part of my life."

She started to sing the song she wrote about Donnie and everyone was loving it. Then she motioned for Donnie to come on stage with her. She knew he was blushing, even though most could not tell. He came onto the stage and stood there while she sang the rest of the song. Oh, her nerves were there, but she made it through the song with lots of cheers.

Donnie hugged her and whispered in her ear. "You're amazing."

She kissed him right there while everyone cheered.

"There's no telling what we can be Donnie. I hope together we will have great things. That's my birthday wish."