7. There Will Be No #!&@ing Tonight

We're not fucking, no no fucking,
There will be no fucking tonight.
A lot of kissing, a lot of hugging,
There will be no fucking me tonight.
You get nothing, I get nothing
I'm not bluffing, no no fucking me tonight
Cause when we do it we might do it,
But it won't be no fucking me tonight.
-Total

"Girl, yo place is dope," Melodie said while they were over hangin out. "I'm jelly."

"I know you can't wait to move out of your house with all them crumb snatchers.

"True girl, my family is a mess. Sometimes I wish I was like you with no family," Melodie said.

She cringed at that. Though Melodie had a large family and most of them were crazy, she envied that. She had no one she could call blood family. No mother, father, sisters, brothers, or even cousins. Anthony was her only kind of brother and she didn't like him half the time.

"It's just me and my mom and I wish I had a sister or brother," M'Liyah, picking at her icecream. "I mean, you two are my sisters, so that's cool."

"So tell me G, how many men you done had up in here with yo fast ass?" Melodie asked and laughed. "Without Momma Pam looking down on you and your every move, please tell me you getting dicked down."

She liked that Mel had a dirty mouth like her. M'Lyah cringed at them for using such words.

"Ugh!" M'Liyah said.

"Naaw, forget about me and my dick, what about Ms. Thang over here. You and that hottie movie star. You spoke to him since Grammy night?"

M'liyah shook her head, looking down at her phone. "No! It's been two weeks guys, you think he forgot about me?"

"Hell no!" Melodie said.

"I even told mom and asked if I could date him and then, I just waited."

"See, that's the problem. Why is your mom in your business?" Ginger asked. "I bet she did something and scared that man off."

"She wouldn't."

"Phuh! Call him girl, his number in your phone, right?"

"Yeah."

"Let me see," Ginger said, grabbing her phone from her. She scrolled through her contacts. "Aaaw, look at you, you saved his name under Don Juan."

"That's his nickname, right?"

Ginger pressed his name and connected the call.

"Ginger!" M'Liyah shrieked, trying to grab the phone, but she pulled away.

"Hey M'Liyah, I didn't think you would call."

Ginger put the phone on speaker.

"Actually this her girl Gin, what's up."

"Hey, Ginger, what's up? Where's M'Liyah?"

"Oh, she's right here," Ginger said, holding M'Liyah back from grabbing the phone. "I have a question for you."

"Sure."

"Did her mom contact you and give you the third degree about M'Liyah? Like what were your intentions, did you want to date her..."

M'Liyah covered her face in embarrassment as if he could see her.

"Uh...actually...yes...I was uh...shocked. It was a little weird."

"Oh no!" M'Liyah said and grabbed the phone. "I'm sorry Donnie, I didn't think she would do anything like that. I'm so sorry!"

"Naw, it's cool. That's why I didn't call...your mom told me to not disturb you until...."