Chapter Ten

"Seriously, guys?" Luke and Reggie both jump slightly, startled by our sudden appearance. Alex and I had searched the entire house for the boys, but I should have known they would end up peeking through Julie's things; it's Luke and Reggie after all.

"Relax, man," Luke said; I cringed slightly at the nickname and moved to sit on the chair near the window.

"Okay, but when Julie comes in and freaks out, don't say I didn't warn you," I told the boys; Luke shook his head at me, and stood on a chair, peering at all of the things on Julie's shelf, Reggie flopped onto Julie's bed and began making snow angels. I had expected Alex to be on my side, but instead, he was trying his hardest to pick up a picture frame on Julie's dresser.

"What are you guys doing in my room," Just as I had predicted, Julie didn't seem too thrilled to have us in her room; shocker.

"Ummmm," All three boys said at the same time, glancing back at forth at one another with panicked expressions.

"We were looking for the kitchen?" Luke blurted out quickly, but it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"This..." Julie gestured to the four of us, "this can't happen; it's creepy."

"Wow," I sigh, leaning on my hands, "If only someone would have told you that." I tell the boys, sarcasm evident in my voice, "Oh wait, I did."

"Can you get off my bed please," Julie asks Reggie; He shuffles off quickly, clearly intimidated by the younger girl.

"Hey, Julie." Luke calls out, raising his hand, "What's in the box?"

"That's off-limits," She warns; I shake my head at her vague response; I knew Luke well enough to know that not knowing would drive him crazy.

"Oh. Oh, okay." Luke chuckles, "Girl stuff," He says in a high-pitched voice.

"Oh," Reggie mumbles, nodding his head in realization, "like butterflies and glitter?"

"Sexist," I fake cough into my hand, glaring at the boys. "I'm sorry about them," I apologize to Julie, standing up from the seat I was on.

"It's none of your business," Julie snaps at Luke; I smile proudly at her; handling these boys was no easy task, and she was taking it like a champ; maybe Julie and I were going to get along better then I thought. "and yes, there might be some glitter," she admitted.

"Hey!" Alex called out; he had finally been able to pick up the photo frame. "I actually picked something up," Alex said, walking over to the bed; seconds later, the picture fell from his hands and onto the bed below it. "I dropped it,"

"Is that your mom?" Luke asked, stepping off the chair to look at the picture.

"Yes, and it's my favorite picture of us," Julie leaned forward, grabbing the photo off the bed, "so if you break it, I'll break you." She threatened, placing the picture on her nightstand.

"Okay, well, sorry because we're kind of unbreakable at this point," Alex points out matter of factly.

"Unfortunately," I mumbled loud enough for everyone to hear; Luke scoffs loudly, faking a hurt expression.

"I don't get it," I turn my attention away from Luke, facing the frustrated girl instead, "You guys can mess up my bed, pick up your instruments, but you can't pick up other stuff?"

"I know, right. It's hard," Luke agreed, "but for some reason, our instrument, easy."

"Yeah, like super easy," Reggie agreed, "Check out what I learned today." Reggie held his arms out; his bass flashed into his hands seconds later, knocking him back onto the bean bag behind him.