Chapter Twenty-Eight

Once Julie returned home, we began rehearsing our song for tonight, deciding on one that Luke and I had finished recently. I longed for the rehearsal to go on for a while longer, knowing that once it finished, I'd have to get ready with Julie and Flynn, a decision I was slowly regretting I agreed to.

"That sounds amazing, guys!" Julie exclaimed after our final run-through of the song; I nod in agreement; we did sound pretty amazing. "I'm gonna go get ready, but I'll see you later." I sigh, standing up from my spot at the piano, following Julie to the door.

"Where are you going, Charlie?" Luke asks; I go to respond, but Julie beats me to it.

"We're getting ready for the performance together," The boys chuckle lightly, all stopping when they realize Julie isn't kidding.

"You're getting ready together?" Reggie asks, glancing between Julie and me; I nod, confirming what he said. "but you hate getting ready,"

"Yeah, aren't you the girl who always says-"Alex begins.

"People who take a long time getting ready, are just wasting their time." Luke finishes; I smile bashfully; I used to say that when I waited on the boys.

"Well, people change," I shrug; before the boys can respond, I poof into Julie's room, plopping myself onto her bed; moments later, she shuffles in, Flynn trailer behind her.

"Is Charlie here?" Flynn asks, her eyes searching the room.

"Yup," Julie points to where I'm sitting, "Okay, so, where should we start?" I shrug; usually, I just throw on whatever is near, brush my hair, and I'm good to go.

"I'll pick out outfit options," Flynn announces, bending down to go through Julie's trunk of clothing; you instruct her on how to do hair and makeup; Julie nods, gesturing for me to sit at her vanity.

"Okay, boss," I nod, sitting in the spinney chair, "What do I do?"

"Concealer first," Julie announces, pulling a bottle of pale liquid out of her drawer, "Flynn picked this up on the way here." I nod, taking it from her hands, "Apply a couple of dots under your eyes, then blend it in with this." I nod, following her instructions. Julie led me through my full face of makeup, and I eventually got the hang out of it; I've always judged other girls for wearing a ton of makeup, but this was kind of fun.

"Okay, finished," I told Julie, applying the last swipe of mascara, "how do I look?"

"I love it," Julie nodded, "it's simple," I nod in agreement; I was happy Julie hadn't chosen a super intense makeup look.

"I can't wait to see," Flynn squealed, now digging through Julie's shoes.

"We're moving onto hair now," Julie informed Flynn and me; I nodded, turning to face the mirror again, "do you mind grabbing your brush, Charlie?" I nod, poofing myself into the studio; when I get there, I see Luke singing to Reggie, their faces inches apart from each other.

"Wow," Alex nods in approval, "I see chemistry." I hide behind the piano, deciding to spy on the boys.

"That was pretty hot," Reggie nodded; Luke kissed his fingers and pressed them against Reggie's lips before stepping back, "So," Reggie clears his throat, "girls am I right?" I scoff, shaking my head slightly.

"Yeah," Luke nods, picking up my book.

"No," Alex answers; I cover my mouth with my hand, holding in my laughter; spying on the guy's was kind of fun. Luke flipped through my book; I assumed he was searching for edge of great.

"Woah," Luke mumbles, reading over the lyrics in my book, "have you seen this?" Alex and Reggie lean over to read the page; I grow slightly nervous, unsure about which song they're reading.