Chapter Thirty

The boys stood outside the studio, throwing a basketball around, while I stood in the washroom, washing the makeup off my face. My mind raced, going over tonight's events, Luke's reaction to my new look, the conversation I had with Reggie, the way looked at me throughout the song. I had yet to change out of the dress; as the night went on, I began to like it more and more; sure, it wasn't my typical style, but it was cool.

"Hey," Luke knocked on the wall, peering into the open washroom; I glanced at him through his reflection in the mirror; he seemed nervous to enter.

"Hey," I nod, disposing of the makeup wipe Julie lent me; Luke stood behind me, watching my reflection in the mirror, I expected him to say something, but he didn't, "Did you need something?"

"Just wanted to say hi," He shrugged; I glanced over my shoulder at him, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion; all he did was stand there, though. I shrugged, continuing what I was doing before, "Well, actually, there is one thing," I nodded for him to continue, brushing through my chopped hair, "I'm sorry for how I reacted earlier."

"What do you mean?" I ask him; I had a feeling I knew what he was talking about, but I wanted to hear him say the words.

"the boy's made me realize how cold my response to Julie's question was earlier," He explains; I nod, "and I'm sorry." I longed for him to go on, but this was Luke; I should be happy he was apologizing.

"It's alright," I reassure him, "I just wanted to try something different, and I did like it, but I think I'm gonna stick with my usual look." Luke nods, and comfortable silence falls over the two of us, that is until another person knocks on the wall.

"We need you outside," Reggie informs us; I chuckle lightly at his abruptness, "We need even teams."

"I'll be out in a minute," I reply; Luke nods in agreeance; Reggie poofs out, satisfied with our responses. "I'm just gonna," I gesture to the clothing folded neatly by the sink; Luke nods, poofing out of the washroom. I change into the more comfortable clothing before poofing out to join the rest of the boys.

"You're with me, Charlie," Reggie announces as soon as I poof out; I nod, moving to stand next to him; Luke glances between the two of us, the familiar upset looking expression appearing on his face.

"Whoo," Alex cheers for his teammate as he lands the ball through the hoop, "we win." He teases, sticking his tongue out at me in a child-like manner.

"Feels like we should be celebrating or something," Reggie says, catching the ball before it hits the ground, "what do you guy's wanna do?" just as Reggie throws the ball to me, a flash of purple strikes them, causing them to clutch their stomachs in pain.

"Not that," My brother mutters.

"W-what was that," I stutter, glancing around at the boys worriedly.

"That wasn't like the other ones," Luke grumbles in pain, standing up, "it's getting worse."

"That's happened before?" I ask; none of them respond, "what's happening to you?"

"It's because they're in serious trouble," I turn to face the new voice; Willie walks over to us, a guilty expression on his face.

"Willie?" Alex asks, limping over slightly.

"We need to talk?" He says; he seemed a lot more serious than the last time I saw him, "but not here, meet me where we met last time." He poofed away; I glanced at the boys; what does he mean by last time.

"Last time?" I ask; all of them glance at me guiltily, "when did you guy's meet up with Willie?"

"I promise I'll explain everything later," Alex reassures me; poofing away, Reggie follows suit.