Chapter Thirty-Four

The four of us were currently sprawled across the studio, all of us were feeling pretty down; I couldn't stop replaying the conversation we had with Julie in my head. Reggie sat on of the chairs, plucking on the strings of his bass sloppily; Alex layed on the couch, attempting to balance his drumstick on his nose. I layed on the floor, my head resting on my Luke's lap; while he leans against the couch, brushing his fingers through my hair absentmindedly. None of us have really spoken since we told them about what happened with Julie, I think we all were losing hope.

"Snap out of it," Julie yells, breaking the silence; this causes my brother to fall off the couch, I let out an annoyed groan when he lands on top of me

"Jeez, I think you broke Alex," Reggie mutters; I slap Alex's arm, gesturing for him to get off of me.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking," I mutter once Alex has pushed himself back onto the couch.

"Do you guys want to cross over or what?" Julie asks; I lift myself so I am no longer laying down, leaning against the couch; we all stare blankly at Julie, causing her to huff in annoyance, "get it together," she demands, clapping her hands together after each word.

"They're never gonna let us play the Oprheum," Luke mumbles sadly, leaning his head against the couch.

"We're nobody," Alex says.

"We're less then nobody," Reggie continues, "we have no bodies."

"Someone once told me that you don't ask for permission," Julie begins; I smirk lightly, knowing exactly who she's referring to, "you book gigs by doing."

"That was me," Reggie replies, smiling proudly.

"No it wasn't," Julie shakes her head.

"No it wasn't," Luke repeats.

"Yes it was," Reggie mumbles sadly; I shake my head in amusement, before turning my attention back to Julie.

"This isn't over," Julie continued, "we were brought together for a reason: to help each other."

"People don't just play the Orpheum because they want to," I remind Julie; Alex snaps in agreement, pointing over to me.

"People don't," Julie shrugged, "but ghosts do," The four of us share a look, Julie was right, maybe we do have a chance.

The Next Morning

We walked along Hollywood boulevard the next morning; we had spent basically all night coming up with a plan, we even got Willie to help somehow.

"Look, don't worry, guys." Alex reassures us as we get closer to the Orpheum, "Willie said he'd get us on that marquee."

"This is gonna work right?" Reggie asked, a nervous expression on his face.

"It has to," Luke shrugged, looking equally as nervous; I squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"Wait," Reggie mumbled, staring down at our intertwined hands, "are you guys-" Before he could finish his question, the three of them got striked by jolts, causing them to hunch over in pain; I place my hand on Luke's back, rubbing comforting circles; I hate that they're going through this, I wish I could just take it all away.

"Hey," Willie greeted us, "are you guys okay?" The boys and I turned around, the three of them wincing in pain as they do.

"Yeah, it's nothing we haven't felt before," Alex replied, rubbing his side; I frown at his words, it's not fair that he's used to this kind of pain; Luke must have noticed my upset expression, because he intertwined our hands once more, "How'd it go?"