Chapter Twenty

"I was thinking, this top, and these pants," Julie said, holding up a rainbow-colored top and grey bottoms; I nod in approval, picking at the chipped nail polish on my fingers. "What are you gonna wear?" she asked me as she laid her outfit on the bed.

"This," I say, gesturing to the flannel and jeans I'd been wearing all day; Julie frowned slightly, shaking her head at my answer.

"Nope," Julie said, walking over to the trunk on her floor. "Do you wanna borrow something of mine?"

"Uh," I walked over to where she was sitting, cringing at the clothing options; it's not that they were ugly; they were just more colorful and adventurous than my typical wardrobe. "they're not really my style."

"Okay," Julie stood from the ground, going over to the door; "meet me in the studio, we can pick something out of your stuff." Julie walked out of the room before I could reply; I sighed, poofing into the studio. Seconds later, Julie walked through the doors.

"Julie, it's fine seriously," I try reassuring her, "you're the star anyway; no one will even notice me."

"Are you kidding?" Julie asked me; I shook my head no, and she sighed, "Just show me your clothes," I gesture over to the trunk by the latter leading to the studio, and Julie smiles excitedly, walking over to the chest. "Charlie?" She asks me moments later, digging through my small selection of clothing options; I hum in response for her to continue, "do you really think nobody notices you?"

"Sometimes," I shrug, sitting next to her on the floor; Julie nods for me to continue, "When it was just the guys and me, no one ever really paid attention to the girl playing the keys; they only cared about the cute guys," I explain, putting air quotes around the cute guys part.

"Well, I notice you," Julie says, passing me an outfit, "and I know for a fact other people do too." I smile thankfully at the girl, taking the outfit she picked for me. "Can I ask you another question?" I nod, "why haven't you told Luke how you feel?"

"It's complicated," I shrug; Luke saw me as his bandmate, Alex's little sister, and one of the guys, he would never see me as anything more than that. "He doesn't feel the same."

"Are you sure?" Julie asks me; I glance up at her confused, it seemed as if she wasn't telling me something. "look, I know I haven't known you guys for long, but I see the way Luke looks at you when you're not looking, or how happy he gets when you joke around with him; what if he feels the same way? you'll never know unless you try."

"Yeah but, have you heard the way he calls me bro or seen how he completely disregards my feelings sometimes?" I point out; Julie frowns lightly and nods.

"I'm sorry," She apologizes; I cringe lightly at the pity in her voice; this was why I never shared my feelings in the first place, I hated being pitied. "but Charlie, I see the way, Luke-"

"Julie," I cut her off, standing up from my spot on the floor, "I've accepted that it probably will never happen; it's fine, I'm fine." I reassure her, Julie goes to say something, but I cut her off again, "I'm gonna get changed, and then I'll meet you back in your room, okay?"

"Okay," Julie sighed; and stood from her spot, leaving the studio. I poofed into the washroom, changing into the outfit Julie chose for me; the entire time, I couldn't stop thinking about the conversation we just had; Julie was wrong, Luke definitely didn't see me the way I saw him.

Charlie's outfit^^^

Charlie's outfit^^^

Bit of a filler chapter, the next one is the school dance so it should be a longer one💕