Chapter Thirty-One

I had finished crying by the time the boys poofed back into the studio; tucking myself into the corner of the loft so they wouldn't be able to see me; they were quieter than usual as they poofed in, none of them saying a word.

"Do you think she meant what she said?" Luke asked after a couple of minutes; I took a breath; I can't believe I told him how I felt.

"Yeah," Alex spoke, "she did."

"I need to talk to her," Luke mumbled to himself quietly, so quiet that I barely heard him. "Where do you think she is?" He asked, his voice louder this time, addressing both Alex and Reggie. I sighed, peeking over at the boys below; all three of their faces were streaked with tears; I went to tuck myself back in my little corner when Alex glanced up at me. I moved back quickly, hoping Alex didn't notice my presence. The boys go quiet, and a few seconds later, Luke poofs into the loft, sitting next to me. "Hey," He whispers; I stare ahead, partially embarrassed about all of the things I admitted to him earlier and upset about everything that happened tonight. "You poofed away before I could tell you how I feel."

"You don't need to tell me," I mutter; I already knew how he felt about me; I didn't need him to let me down easy.

"Okay," He nods, "So, you know that I've liked you since the 6th grade?" He asked; my eyes widen slightly.

"W-what? Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, my voice shaking slightly.

"The band has always been my number one priority," He begins explaining, "I was scared that if something ever happened, this would all be over." I nod; I was scared of that too; people would have to pick sides, breaking apart the band forever. "but Charlie, as much as I tried to shake off the feelings I have for you, I can't." I turn to face Luke; his eyes we're genuine, "I'm willing to risk it all for you, Charlie Mercer." I blush slightly; shocked by his confession, was I really that oblivious. "are you gonna say something?" He asks me after a minute or so of silence.

"I'm just a little shocked," I admit; Luke nods understandingly, "so all those times you called me one of the guys?"

"I didn't want you to know," He shrugged, "looking back, I might have overdone it,"

"Just a little bit," I chuckle, shaking my head, "and you're reaction to seeing me tonight?" I ask, referring to his cold response.

"You looked beautiful," He answered honestly, "but I always think you look beautiful, no matter what you wear." I nod, a blush rising onto my cheeks; his response earlier made sense now; it wasn't because he didn't care; it was because he liked me no matter what.

"What about the way you would look at Julie during performances," I ask; he looks down at his hands bashfully.

"I was jealous," He admits, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly; I shake my head in confusion; who could he possibly be jealous of? "So, every time Reggie would move over to you during performances, I would go to Julie."

"You were jealous of Reggie?" I ask, holding back laughter; Luke nods bashfully, staring down at his hands in embarrassment.

"We were reading a song in your book earlier," He informs me; I nod, pretending I wasn't spying on them, "and I thought it was about him."

"You did?" I ask; Luke nods his head, bashfully, "Well, it's not." Luke nods again, and I can tell he wants to ask who it's about, "it's about you."

"Me?" He asks, with wide eyes, pointing to himself; I chuckle at his adorable reaction, nodding my head.

"They're all about you," I answer honestly, and it was true; most of my songs were about Luke; I guess you could say he was my inspiration. "Do you wanna hear it?" Luke nods his head rapidly. I link my fingers through him, poofing us away to the scenic overlook we were at the other morning. I sit down and think of my piano, causing the keyboard to appear on my lap, my songbook resting on top of it. "Okay, so it's kind of a duet," I explain, flipping the pages until I reach the song.