4. Hypnotized

4. Hypnotized

            All I can say is that the first week living in Mystic Falls was definitely more bad than good, mainly thanks to two boys who invaded my dreams on day two of staying with Elena and Jeremy. I wasn't the only one annoyed with Damon though; Jeremy shared the same boat as me. He definitely didn't want me near Damon, and I had no problem in trying to keep that going. I wanted no part of him whatsoever.

            Just because I didn't see Trevor or Damon again for a while didn't mean that they stopped coming into my dreams. Sadly, I couldn't control that. Sometimes it was just Trevor, and sometimes it was just Damon. When I had both of them in my dreams...ugh—those were the worst to endure. Those were the dreams that I wanted to wake up from so desperately, but it took too long to get away from them.

            Elena tried to get me out more, but she had to fight me. She knew I was paranoid about either Trevor or Damon showing up randomly. But Elena was just as stubborn as I was. Eventually, by the end of August, she took me shopping even though neither of us was going to school this year. I had to admit, shopping with Elena and not seeing Trevor or Damon felt nice. That was the day my morale had been at its highest since arriving at Mystic Falls.

            We were into the first few days of September. The weather still felt like summer, but that would change in a few weeks' time. Fall was approaching, and with fall came change. The leaves would change, temperatures would drop. I was a bit excited about fall coming to Mystic Falls. I had seen what fall looked like in Maryland, the view here would most likely be a little different.

            It was around noon. Elena and I went to the Grill, though I did so reluctantly.

            "I wish you would calm down already," Elena whined at me as I drove my car to the Grill. "I know you haven't seen either of the boys for a few weeks, so you can stop acting like if we step outside the house a cow is going to fall on us or something."

            "You watch, one is bound to find me the moment I step foot in that place," I muttered under my breath.

            "You don't know that, and you definitely won't until we get there."

            Once I pulled up to the Grill, I sighed as she and I clambered out of the car. I tucked my car keys in my front pocket. The moment I stepped in, I found Caroline's wavy blonde hair sitting with Bonnie. I felt happy now. No Damon. No Trevor. This was going to be a peaceful visit.

            "Hey," Caroline said to me, blue eyes twinkling. "We haven't seen you for a while. What's been going on? Has Elena been hogging you all to herself?"

            "Far from it," I admitted. Like last time, Elena sat next to Bonnie while I sat next to Caroline.

            "I feel like I haven't really gotten to know you," Caroline sighed. "Like, I've only met you once—well, twice if you count today. We haven't actually gotten to really talk, you know?"

            "Yeah," Bonnie agreed. "It's nice, just us girls."

            "Oh! That gives me an idea!" Caroline chirped, bouncing in her seat. "We should have a sleepover!"

            "Are you sure about that?" I asked.

            "Yeah. We haven't done one in forever, and we'll be able to know you more if we do it!" Caroline seemed to be in love with her sleepover idea. I got the feeling her motion would be seconded.

            "Hmm, that's not a bad idea," Elena admitted. "What do you say, Faith?"

            "I guess it could be fun," I piped, messing with my fingers. "It would be nice to know a few other people here."