6. Overprotective

6. Overprotective

       Trevor and I didn’t pull away from each other, but we both opened our eyes. We looked at each other, and then brought our attention to the car that intruded on us. I wasn’t focused on the car so much as the driver getting out. My brows creased together. I should’ve known it was him.

            Damon.

            Damn it, I cursed. Just when I thought that one time was the only time I’d ever see him. Trevor rubbed my arm.

            “Sorry to interrupt playtime, but it’s time to go,” Damon said rudely. Trevor and I looked up at him, both of us not happy at all.

            “Umm, excuse me, but the last time I checked, you’re not my mother, father, or my brother,” I snapped.

            “True, but that doesn’t apply here. You’re leaving with me.”

            “Who says?” I retorted.

            “I do, and so does Elena.”

            Elena. Oh damn. She had to have come back home early and noticed I was missing. I didn’t think it through with the possibility that Elena could come home, find me missing, and conduct a search mission just to find me. Way to go, genius, I scolded myself.

            “W-what?” I stammered.

            “I’ll explain later. Now come on.” Damon ripped me up off the ground. I pulled myself out of his grasp, nearly having a pratfall in the process. He shot me an impatient glare. “Faith.”

            “I’m not going with you,” I said. Trevor stood up, brushing himself off.

            “You have no choice.”

            “The hell she doesn’t,” Trevor snarled. “What are you, a bloodhound? How the hell did you find us here?”

            “That’s for me to know and for neither of you to ever find out.” Damon smirked. “Now, I’m not going to tell you again, Faith. Let’s go.”

            “No,” I said simply, folding my arms across my chest. “I’m not going with you.”

            “Look, I can tolerate so much stupidity before I lose my temper.” Damon grabbed me roughly again. This time, his grip was better on my arm. Shockingly, it wasn’t painful like I had anticipated it to be. Damon started dragging me away.

            “Who made you in charge of her?” Trevor roared. Damon stopped, turning himself and me around to look at Trevor. Trevor looked pissed. His blue eyes froze, giving him a deadly look.

            “Her cousin did, actually,” Damon retorted harshly. “She told me Faith would most likely be with her stalker, and she was right.”

            “I’m not her stalker!”

            “So you say.” Damon’s voice got colder. “Just keep away from her.”

            “What will you do if I don’t?” Trevor challenged.

            “Oh, believe me; you don’t want to find out.” Damon’s voice turned velvet soft—soft, but threatening.