iii. where thrill fills our lungs

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

ADVENTURE. Aurora never thought that she would experience this. Despite it being on foot, she always found it exciting. Perhaps it's because she has never been the type to explore the world when she was still on her younger years. She was always too busy on doing things to make her parents proud that she never really had the chance to embark on long journeys. But if you'd ask her about that, she'd reply with something along the lines of never regretting on working hard to make her parents proud. She was just the type of girl that wanted to prove to people that she was strong. And because of her ambitious trait, she always had a knack to become cunning. With quick thinking and logical strategies, she always got away with everything. Maybe that's why she got Slytherin from her try on the online hogwarts house sorting. As you can tell, she is obsessed with the Harry Potter series.

Realizing that she was slowly losing some part of her own. She took it upon herself to take immediate action. It wasn't that bad that she has became dull and very soft, it was just that she needed to take a breather. Her parents were always the ones that helped her grow up to be the girl she was but she grew up on her own when she lost both of them. She was known to have the tongue as sharp as a snakes' that made her very good on her field of work.

Maybe it was her best choice to accompany Joel on his adventure. This could be a step for her to take, in order to find out what was missing. Although this was a journey of reaching a special someone for him, this could be something that would help her in finding closure for herself. It hurt her to think that in the end of the day, her feelings weren't really important. For five years, she endured the pain when she heard him talk about Aimee. So she promised herself. She promised that she would let go of her feelings on the reaching of their rendezvous. Cause she knew that there was never a place for her feelings in Joel's heart. All he could see of her affection was a mere friendly love, not seeing that the girl had always loved him romantically.

Finally finishing her ascend, she closed the door to the bunk causing it to create a loud noise. The rays of the sun greeted her, providing warmth to her skin. It was a great feeling. When you know that the reason of your journey won't just be for supply gathering but for an adventure. It made her feel all giddy and excited for what she would face on this journey. Her thoughts got cut off when she heard sniffing.

Joel was inhaling deeply, glad to finally see the outside world. He released a loud exhale only to hear a small snicker from behind him. Aurora came down from the bunk entrance and ignored the look Joel was giving her.

"Where now, monsieur?" She asked him as she adjusted her katana. Joel pulled out the map and looked at it, giving small comments on how it wasn't really that useful. "You know, if only you would just look at it properly then you could see how useful it is." Aurora rolled her eyes at him and he huffed in reply.

"I don't even know where we are on this map," He stated and narrowed his eyes on the map until he finally gave up. He folded it and placed it inside his jacket. "You know what, screw it! I don't care. We're going west."