xv. the churn of seeking

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

HOMESICKNESS

HOMESICKNESS. The feeling of longing for the place that you have always felt at ease. An inconsolable yearning for the far but sometimes unearthly land that one identifies as their home. Aurora had the hankering feeling of returning to the place she loved.

It was a lonely thing to perceive yet it was inevitable. Because sooner or later, she would be back on her thoughts about home. Those were the inkling notions that plagued her mind ever since she stayed at the bunker. Her very mind filled with questions like where she belonged or did she fit in with the bunker that her father told her about. An endless train of conceptions that no one else could answer except for herself.

Her mind was so confused while with her colony, but this time it was clear. Something was different and the girl knew what it was. The homesickness she felt now was opposite from the one she felt while she was in the bunker. Because it wasn't hiraeth, no, it was a conscious type. Aurora's head was now unambiguous and her home was deliberately determined.

“Boy, what do you think about my gifts? Do you think they're good enough?” One, two, three, fou— It was too much too count. The girl kept asking the dog the same question, over and over again.

She faced the dog and he looked at her and let out a small bark. The girl took this as a reply and smiled at him, saying thank you.

“Thank you,” Aurora said and then faced the front once again. “I wonder what Joel is doing right now.”

The both of them were walking towards what they guessed would be the direction towards the aforementioned boy. Not even caring if the sun was somewhat hurting her skin.

It wasn't even far away when they were there before, but Aurora just had to explore and look at different stores for the perfect gifts. Searching every nook and cranny for the best art supplies and other miscellaneous.

“Hey,” She called to Boy with a smile. “Do you possibly have unexpected elastic powers that could make you grow a size and lead us to Joel in a quicker way?”

Questioning the dog an abundant number of things wasn't even what Aurora planned. But her boredom was just getting ahead of her. Making her talk to Boy about anything she could think of.

“Cause if so,” The girl trailed off. “I'll think about replacing your name from Boy to Jake.”

Receiving a huff in reply, the girl chuckled. She knew he wouldn't like his name being replaced and Aurora respected that. The name Boy was given by his previous owner and she wouldn't take that away from him.

After a few hours of walking, they took sight of a small chain-store. It was the same as all of the ones that they came across from, mossy and overgrown. But the good thing about this one was that the products that were sold in there seemed untouched.