xiii. spun in a cycle of befuddlement

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

CONFUSION. A tangled mind filled with a thousand questions. No right words coming up to surface on his mind. His eyebrows were furrowed, lips pouted upward into a deep frown. It was giving him a massive headache as after all, uncertainty is a very stressful thing.

The battle between him and the large monster was still much awaited as he hid on the open tree trunk that faced the open lake. What was more confusing to him was the other battle that he had, and it was a fight between his own mind and heart. Perhaps the most confused we ever get is when we try to convince our heads of something that our hearts know is a lie.

So the real question is; which one was the truth and which one was the lie. I love Aimee. He said. But why do I feel all kinds of things when I'm with Rory. It's funny how one person can make your heart beat so fast and later make it stop.

Her meaningful words to him and the small but huge action she did was enough to make his mind become preoccupied. His mind was telling him to move on, but his heart said hold on.

But right at the moment, he stopped his thoughts. Postponing the most important decision that he will make in his whole existence. The sound of the ground breaking created a huge echo in the woods.

He was shushing the dog that was beside him as they took cover on the safety of the open trunk. Both of them not knowing that this very trunk was once the safety place of one beautiful girl.

It was once the place where Aurora Kingsley took shelter from the queen termite that she had pissed off.

The vibration that the monster delivered was the noise that Joel used as something to make him have an idea of where it was currently located. And as of the moment, it was sounding very loudly beside him. Making the nervous boy calm down a frantic dog who was panicking.

“Shhh,” He said carefully, it was so silent that the only noise to be heard was the monster's croaking.

And after a few seconds of praying and covering a dog's mouth, the monster finally gave up. Digging itself inside the very hole it came out from.

Joel finally let go of his hold on the dog's mouth and let out a string of apologies then proceeded to kiss Boy affectionately. He was completely shaking and was panting heavily.

Boy looked out from the trunk and saw the only thing that he had from his recent owner, the red dress. The boy has never felt more alerted in his very life as the dog jumped out of the trunk and went forward to the red dress which was now floating on the water.

“Boy!” The raven haired boy cried. “Don't even think about it. Don't, don't, don't— NO!”

The boy quickly got up and peered at the cliff, looking for any sign of the monster. And then he found it, making its very way back to the boy's location.