v. a game of instincts

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

SENSES. Senses were a very essential thing to have in survival, especially if it's in an apocalyptic world. The senses were broken down to five types which are the; sense of sight, sense of smell, sense of hearing, sense of tasting, and last but not the least, the sense of touch.

Having a sense of sight is very useful in this time. You need to have caution in everything you pass by. Whether it be the smallest crack on a tree, or possibly a humongous body of water. Monsters could be living inside either of those and it's nice to notice them and then proceed with caution.

Smelling is a complex sense in this survival journey due to the abundance of things being old enough to have a strong smell. You could like think you got a whiff of a monster when all you caught was a rusted metal being close to you. Or it could be the smell of the food you find in your journey and find it to be inedible. One example of this is the poison berry that Joel wished to eat, he was lucky enough that Boy had strong senses or he would be somewhere feeling painful stomach cramps or worse, die.

Hearing. Now sense of hearing here is the best friend of sight. With the right hearing, you could already sense if danger is surrounding you. If you hear something big, crawling or swimming somewhere, then get ready folks because you just heard the approach of the demons. Hearing things could be your savior. Even with a loss of one sense, like sight, having the sense of hearing can already do the job. Toph Beifong from Avatar: The Last Airbender would be someone you idolize if you have good sense of hearing.

Tasting is not really that useful for survival in Aurora's opinion but tasting is one hell of her favorite sense. Eating food is one of her hobby and being able to taste the delicious food is enough for her. Don't eat poison berries. A friendly advice.

And to close it all, we have the last sense which is touch. Touching things can help in many ways but for Aurora, touching a weapon can be something that'll give you a sense of protection. But touching Joel's hand can give you one hundred percent feeling of security. So glad best friends could hold hands. She thought. Touch is something useful in a sense of protection but Aurora's advice for you would be. Never touch my boobs. Buy me dinner first, ex oh ex oh. A reminder for Joel who had the audacity of doing such act.

The trio were walking on a grassy field. The sun blaring at their visions in all it's heating glory.

Joel was smiling while drawing something in his sketch book. Finding amusement in something he was writing or drawing, Aurora couldn't peek at what he was doing since he would move it away from her if she got close. This caused her to roll her eyes and walk away from him. Pouting and glaring at the bright lights of the sun. As she walked away, Joel glanced at her.

“Where you going?”

Aurora turned around, so she was now walking backwards, “To check the vicinity,” She replied. “See if there's any possible harm.”