iv. journey towards existence

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

TROUVAILLE. What the hell is a trouvaille, you might ask. Well, the term means a chance encounter with something wonderful. The word was originated from french hence why this was something that plagued her thinking. Deep in thought, what was something that made this travelling good, except for the huge amount of time she can spend with her long time loved one of course. Was it the times that they held hands or was it the moments that they shared amusing glances. Maybe it was the talking but it could also be the laughing. Albeit all those enthralling experiences, she also experienced those while they were inside the bunker.

Athena, shower me wisdom for I am in need of it. She thought. Aurora was always a fan of Greek Mythology. Well, technically, the girl had an abundance of things that she admired but the Gods and Goddesses were always her all time favorite, apart from Harry Potter. She just liked the idea of those fantasies to believe in. She may act childish but having her creative mind was just her way to escape the harsh reality that they were in. It was her chance of coping on this apocalyptic world. And due to her coping mechanism, she sometimes had messy thoughts. An over thinker, that was what her mother once called her. She frequently had a bunch of thoughts to think about that sometimes it made her perplexed with her own mind. Which makes her bring her mind out of her own world and find things to conclude her thought of the day. What was something nice that she got from this journey.

She looked around from where she was sat and saw Joel scribbling things on his sketch pad slash journal, probably drawing the monster that they encountered. His sketch pad was one of the things that made him feel comfort even in the most problematic times. He often drew something to keep his mind from the creatures that may lurk through a corner and eat him. As Aurora stared at him, she found herself comparing her own life from the hobby that Joel always had. As silly as her mind was, her being was not entirely different from the non living object. Because as her mind was processing, she saw that she was the sketch pad. Like how the sketch pad was empty, she also had things to go through in her life. She wasn't complete yet, there was still pages of her own book of life that still needed to be filled.

Her life needed to go through rough sketches as she journeys through the unknown, full illustrations such as the already experienced moments in her life and erasings, she needed some erasings in her life hence why she went to this journey. She needed to make the right decisions and stop being indecisive because sooner or later, her eraser would soon wear off and she wouldn't get the chance to determine things. Buying a new eraser would make her cost things and she didn't want to risk that.

But last and not the least, the sketch pad had something that gave it color, making it have life as you turn every page and crevices. What was something that gave her life some color? She glanced around once again until her eyes focused on Joel. This made her roll her eyes but she knew that she had already accepted it. Joel was, no, is the color material to her life. He gave life to her once dull pages and made full illustrations with her. Smiling sadly, she once again had to think of why she was journeying with him. She had to leave him soon after they get to the entrance of his girlfriend's colony. Maybe having dull pages again will just work out, yeah? She thought to herself.