vi. the creatures that lurks

━━ 彡。༉༄˚✧ ━━

MONSTERS. That was a word that kept being passed around nowadays. Perhaps it was because of that word that made Aurora and Joel closer. Like literally closer. The boy wouldn't dare leave her side ever since the whole falling into the monster pit incident occurred. Well, looks like he now made the term bound-to-the-hip into reality. I mean, who was Aurora to complain. She loved every single second of it. The amount of heat his body radiated made her lean even more. He was just like a living definition of comfort.

The quintuplet were now making their way up to a mountain. Turns out, hiking wasn't one of Joel's pursuits. But seeing Aurora also slowly loosing her breath, he felt relieved knowing he wasn't alone. She was also exhausted. They have been walking for several hours now and Minnow was still listing monster names that Joel found weird.

Aurora and Joel already spoke about how the girl knew the duo in front of them and he now knew that they were the pair that she once mentioned in the bunker. She called them Captain Clyde and Minnie Mouse. Despite the nicknames being pushed through, she also gained one from each of them. It was either Little French Lady or Baguette, the latter coming from Minnie Mouse herself, which she was very proud of.

Speaking of the eight year old, she was finally concluding her name listing session. “And my favorite,”

The Chumbler.” Aurora finished, smirking as the girl faced her in surprise and the expression slowly morphing into a massive grin.

“You remembered?”

Aurora raised her eyebrows and smiled, “Are you kidding? Of course I remember.”

They continued hiking up the mountain, Joel almost falling several times from his clumsiness.

“Okay, I get it. A lot uh—” Joel trailed of and breathed out. “A lot of names.”

“Whatever it is. It took your screams for the dinner bell. And if it's got yer' scent. It's gonna be on you for a while.” Captain Clyde warned.

Joel being his nervous self, paled at the warning. “I-it's got my scent?”

“That's a possibility.” Minnow mused earning a chuckle from Aurora. Joel glared at the girl beside him, his eye twitching in disbelief.

“There's a possibility that it's got my scent and you find amusement in it?”

Aurora faced him with an amused brow. “And?”

“What do you mean; and— Rory, it's got my scent!” He argued.

“Intense.” Aurora replied with a simple shrug and faced forward once again.

Joel gaped at her and faced Boy, flailing his arms and motioning towards the girl. The dog gave him a mere huff and continued climbing the slopes.