40

Walked down,
had me sitting up,
demanded my attention
had to give it up...

__

Red.

It was the colour of his blood, of the cells in his body -- his new favorite colour, and she was wrapped in it, looking like a fucking full course meal.

He tried to keep his thoughts at bay but couldn't help it. Especially when the brown of her skin, in contrast with the blazing material looked edible.

His eyes accessed her, slowly- from the beautiful hair-do she had on that made her look like she walked out of a fairy tale, to her face -- her beautiful ancient eyes, cute button nose that begged to be poked and cooed at. And oh her lips-- the red of it, like fresh strawberries and old wine, beckoning him to come take a bite, or more a sip.

He tried hard, so hard to veer his mind from having unholy thoughts, but couldn't. His eyes went to her long graceful neck, glistening under the sunset and suddenly, he wanted to know what it felt like to place his lips right there, where her pulse beat thick and fast. Then there were her clavicles, clear, tanned and aesthetically prominent, leading down to proud shoulders holding the red dress.

Red should be the color of everything unholy, he mused. Finally realizing he had functioning legs, he began to walk, his eyes still trained on the red dress. It dipped in the right places, making prominent her subtle curves which she hid well in halter skirts and hoodies.

He wanted to reach out, take her into his arms and scream to the whole school population that she was off limits, strictly and arrantly.  He continued his slow journey towards her, she had a small smile on, which looked sincere, happy and relieved and he tried so hard to keep his eyes on her face and not her slim creamy thighs that gave way to clear and straight mile long legs.

"Hey." She said, her voice velvet soft when he approached her.

"Hey, you."

The smile couldn't leave her face and for once, her gaze wasn't cryptic. He could read through them, like he knew her thoughts -- the realization of what he saw made his heart soar. She was happy or more, relieved to see him-- like she'd been waiting.

She sighed in utter relief.

Her clamped fingers showed that though she was relieved, she was nerve wrecked. He took them into his and immediately felt the softness and warmth that came with holding her hands in his.

"Why were you standing over there?" She asked, her voice coming out like a breathless whisper.

A slow smile made to his lips. "Was trying to pick up my fallen jaws."

"What? Why?" Realization dawned on her and in seconds, her whole being had lit up. "Ooh,"

"You look adorable by the way, so much that I could barely keep my jaws in place." He whispered so only her would hear.

Students climbed up and down the stairs of the auditorium, leaving the two in the middle, the beautiful glow of the sunset scattering over their bodies.

Chimdi tried not to act too flustered, but failed badly. Clearing her throat, she smoothed out the barely-there red thing she had on, while his eyes tried to stay locked on her face and not the movement of her hand.

"You don't look that bad yourself." She replied with the firmest voice she could muster.

"I know right." He teased, playing with her fingers.