Chapter Nine - Elizabeth's POV

Classical music softly playing in the background...

People whispering...

Camera clicks...

"Lizzy will always try to get my approval and because of that, she knew that I would never approve of this marriage, so it's a no."

"Elizabeth Gardiner, will you run away with me?"

"I now pronounce you man and wife."

"Finally."

Elizabeth slowly opened her eyes and began to take notice of where she was. Most importantly, who she was sleeping beside with.

Elizabeth opened her eyes widely to see that she was in fact, lying on top of her boss, Will Darcy. Elizabeth's face was on his chest and his arms are around her. Worried, Elizabeth peeked downwards.

Okay, a huge T-shirt and boxers for me. Will is also clothed in a shirt stretched over his broad chest.

Elizabeth breathed a sigh of relief seeing that she was still fully clothed.

I wasn't entirely drunk last night, but the consequences of what I did -- I mean, what Will and I did -- made me wish that I was.

Elizabeth felt Will tightened his arms around her.

Is he awake? What should I say?

Elizabeth slowly move her head upwards and breathed in his cologne.

I loved how it reminds me of home and at the same time, how manly my husband is.

My husband?

That's when Elizabeth pulled away from Will's embrace and laid on her side of the bed. This abrupt action of hers woke Will.

"What is it, Elizabeth? Are you alright?" Will looked at her, concern all too apparent in those blue eyes of his. He brushed the hair covering half of her face.

Elizabeth couldn't even answer him, or look at him.

"Lizzy, it's me. You can always tell me anything. I'm your husband now."

Elizabeth's breath got caught and when he brushed his left hand on her cheek, Elizabeth caught the glint of silver. Still speechless from shock, Elizabeth lifted her left hand and saw two rings there.

*Flashback*
"Yes, Will. I'll marry you." Elizabeth answered calmly, even surprising Will, who only looked at her for a full minute before he gathered himself. Will gave her his handkerchief and she wiped her cheeks with it. Then Will stretched out his hand for Elizabeth to take.

"Alright, then we will marry in Vegas." Elizabeth nodded, it doesn't matter where they marry, she just wanted to get away from there. Elizabeth took Will's hand and rose from the couch.

They were about to go out of the room when her father spoke.

"You're turning your back not just on me, but to your sisters as well, by disobeying me. You know that I am against this marriage."

Elizabeth slowly turned to her father - the one parent whose love, care, and protection she had always longed for. However, while Elizabeth looks at him, she can only see the manipulative and deceitful man who would do anything for money.

"Bye, papa." Those were the only words Elizabeth could muster and she let Will tugged on her hand as they exit the house.

The crowd parted to make way for them and as they exit at the front door, they were met by the photographers and journalists. Will tightened his hold on Elizabeth's hand.

"What happened, Mr. Darcy? Is it true that you and Mr. Gardiner fought?"

"Any comments, Mr. Darcy?"

"Mr. Gardiner and I talked so I can get his permission to marry one of his daughters. Since Miss Elizabeth Gardiner agreed with my marriage proposal, you guys can now congratulate us on our engagement."

The journalists went wild and started to ask questions from Elizabeth, but they were all discouraged by Will and when their car arrived, Will tugged on her hand and Elizabeth slid in immediately with Will following her.

"To Miss Elizabeth's condominium."

Inside the car, Elizabeth let out the breath that she was holding, but she can feel her tears threatening to fall as she looked outside the passing scenery.

"I no longer have anyone now."
Elizabeth must have said this out loud because she was shocked when Will pulled her to his arms, her head on his chest.

"You have me, Lizzy. You will never be alone." Then Will sweetly kissed her forehead. Elizabeth didn't pull away because even if she wanted to, there's this feeling of security and peace while she was being held by him.

In no time, they reached Elizabeth's condominium and Will tapped her shoulder lightly.

"We're already outside of your condominium. Just get your essentials and passport then we'll head to Pemberley. Do you want me to come with you?" There was this concern both in his eyes and in the tone of his voice.

"No, I can manage. Just give me a few minutes so I can pack." Elizabeth answered and gave him a sort of smile.

Elizabeth was able to pack her essentials in a single suitcase in under 30 minutes since some of her stuff is still in there. When she slid into the car, Will pulled her in his arms again and she let him, resting her head on his chest, while he is holding her hands. They reached Pemberley in no time and she was no longer surprised when she saw Georgiana and Mrs. Reynolds waiting for them at the steps of the grand manor.

"Thank you, Mrs. Reynolds for packing my stuff in a hurry." Elizabeth heard Will said as she slid out of the car. Elizabeth offered a small tentative smile to both Mrs. Reynolds and Georgiana.

"That's alright. I wanted to congratulate you and Miss Elizabeth on your engagement." Mrs. Reynolds answered and the older woman smiled at Elizabeth.

Elizabeth returned the smile and then she looked towards Georgiana who was still silent.