Chapter 5

The sound of alarm is the worst sound ever, it fricking gives me anxiety. It feels like a stampede in my gut. It takes five minutes at least, to calm my stomach down. I never admitted but I'm scared of alarm sounds. Terrified. I even tried using a song I like as the alarm, I started hating that song. I finally woke up after rolling around in bed for a while. It really takes some willpower to get out of bed on holidays. Sometimes I plop down again for a few times before finally getting out of bed.

It's a pleasant Saturday morning, I set the alarm for 9 AM on my phone but it's 10 AM now. I slept late last night, after wishing David and chatting with the guys.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I was at the table. I'll just shower later. Mom and Dad already had breakfast, I guess. But Dad was still reading his newspaper and mom was talking to aunt on the phone. I guess they woke up late too 'cause they were tired arranging the house. We're all lazy to be honest. We still haven't set up the whole place after a month. The packers and movers helped with the furniture, but we had to unpack the others boxes and set up all the stuff .

"Marc, I know I've been busy with work and the house. You told me some stuff about school, but I want the details son. Are you having any problems now? Are they treating you well?" Dad said still reading his newspaper, I know half of what I'm gonna say will just bounce back. But it looks like he genuinely wants to know.

"I like it. I mean I don't have that computer science teacher, so that's a real upgrade. I missed Books and others a lot at first, but I met a really friendly group of guys as I've told you guys. They helped me catch up, the teachers helped as well. Speaking of, it's David's birthday today. We're gonna celebrate at the mall and have dinner there. I told you before. I'll be late." I said, focusing on food.

Mon cut the call while I was talking. "That's alright, if it's the mall. You aren't lying about that right? What if you go to some club or underground party, drink and do drugs?" Dad nodded. He folded his newspaper and set it down slowly while looking at me to look intimidating. So dramatic.

"Mom, why would I lie, I don't even go to parties, I hate them anyway. I have the social skills of a dehydrated slug. It's the mall, and no I won't be dead or wake up in a ditch the next morning."

"Hmm alright, are you buying him something? Do you want extra money?" Dad asked.

"Yeah all the guys are gifting him a set of picture frames. And we'll take a last picture there for the photo in the middle. It's fine, I've already have some saved."

"Aww reminds me of my student days, we made a collage like that. I should call Jennie, it's been so long."

I spent the rest of the day watching TV, listening to music and doing some homework. ("I feel like I became a zombie, not alive but I'm still walking. When the sunrise is upon me, I'll be waiting for the day to pass by, oh why?") I was was going through my clothes while listening to music and singing along, trying to decide what to wear. It reminded me of the time Kairn caught me singing. Smiling I thought, Hmm should I wear the white tee or the black one. Finally, I chose the white T-shirt. It has 'let's handle this like adults' with rock, paper and scissors hand gestures on it. I really liked it, it's kinda funny. I wore a navy blue shirt over it and blue jeans.

("I became a zombie, and there's nothing that can cure me. So tomorrow I know I'll be just the same, you'll see me wishing to stop and close... my eyes.")

_____________________

When I reached the mall, David, Duke and Ezra were already there waiting on a bench and laughing about something. All of them in casual clothes, but Duke wore a T-shirt with David's face on it. What why?