Chapter 10

It's late now. I couldn't even feel the passing hours. Well, that's how it is, you don't feel you spent hours when you're enjoying something. But that damn Physics class feels like an hour passed by with every ten minutes. The guys are helping David and Duke collect the bottles, wrappers and stuff. Felix just looks like he fell asleep again, he's not fooling anyone.

"Felix, I literally saw you talking to Ezra while walking back here. We all know you're awake."

"Felix, come on, get up. We're done with cleaning up, anyway." Duke joined David in exposing Felix.

Felix got up instantly. "Duke, carry me. I'm so tired," he said whining.

"We're not twelve anymore. And you stuffed yourself with half your weight. I can't carry you."

"But you're so tall and you have a nice build now. Also... did you just call me fat?" Felix asked with exaggerated disbelief on his face. He knows just what to say, I thought chuckling to myself.

Felix still got his piggyback ride. Like I said before, it's hard to say 'no' to Felix.

"Didn't even say a 'please' or a 'thank you'. Doesn't even take me seriously. Always takes me for granted." Duke grumbled, mumbling complaints, all the while Felix slumped on him like a dead body.

"Happy ? Now get off before I throw you towards the other side of the railing. You're really heavy. Don't slump on me you ass!" Duke looked like he would pass out.

"You need more workout then!" Felix teased while getting off of his back.

Duke looked pissed off and maybe a little hurt, but he didn't show it, he's not fooling Felix either.

"Thanks Duke, I've always liked your piggyback rides since we were kids. I'll make you your favourite breakfast tomorrow." Felix smiled a genuine, grateful smile, reading the room. That got him a smile in return.

"I'm inviting myself too. See you at Felix's tomorrow." David spoke up with excitement. I've heard Felix is a wonderful cook.

"You guys are forgetting someone who also lives close by." Ezra invited himself too.

"I'll be waking up at noon tomorrow. Or I'd have joined you." Marvin tried stifling his yawn. Lance full on yawned. "Yeah, me neither."

"I didn't even invite you guys. You all shamelessly invited yourselves. And you two have the audacity to decline your self invitations." Felix scoffed and pointed at Marvin and Lance.

"Whatever. Fine! All of you can join. I wanna show off my skills. You better have some high praises ready."

Liam, Kairn ugh Kai and I politely declined. I gotta get used to 'Kai' now.

_______________________

When I got home, my parents were watching some movie since it's Saturday night. We usually watch movies on weekend nights together. I greeted them and walked towards my room.

"Show me the pictures tomorrow. I wanna see your friends," Mom told me still concentrating on the movie.

"Good night son." Dad just waved, too engrossed to look at me. Well, all of us love watching movies. We don't watch the fun family movies, no. We love watching mystery and psychological thrillers.

"I'm telling you. This guy is not the killer. I find that newbie officer really suspicious, why would he just hand the evidence over to him, when he knows his superior killed a man and is covering it up." My mom stated her theory. I love doing that too. Dad usually just focuses on the movie.

"Nah he just looks like the doesn't wanna get involved in a case with his superiors. He's really close with him. Maybe-"

I shut the door. After freshening up, I plopped down on my bed. Still really excited and smiling as the remnants of tonight's energy still lingered on me, I turned some music on, deciding on some soft pop and alternative in contrast to alternative rock I listen to most of the time.