Chapter 18

("I see, I see, I see the light in your eyes and I want it. It's burning bright like a fire from a comet. Take your heart out the box, I won't harm it. If you want it, then I want it. We could be utopia, utopia. You and me, utopia, utopia...")

So here I am with music, my old friend. Lying on my bed after running away like a coward. I just had my breakfast and I'm doing what I've been doing a lot these days. Thinking.

_______________________________

I don't even know how I woke up early, but when I woke up in the morning and noticed Kai beside me, I freaked out. The soft morning sunlight percolating through the curtains made the surrounding glow with a warm radiance. The filtered golden rays caressing Kai's face made it look angelic. While sleeping, he looked just as beautiful. That unguarded and relaxed expression on his face filled my heart with an unexplainable warmth. He was still holding on to me, which refreshed my memory. He was asleep right, ugh why would I do that? Maybe I was sleep deprived. I rubbed my face in frustration. I peeped at Kai through my fingers' gaps, he's still sleeping peacefully. Awww. NO. Not the time.

I carefully removed his arm and lay it beside him. He stirred a little, but didn't wake up. I fixed the covers on him a little. Then covered the curtains better and left the room. After using the bathroom, I went to the hall. I messaged home to come pick me up. Duke, David, Marvin, Ezra and Liam were already up. Felix was still asleep on the couch so they were sitting on the floor. I don't know how he's still asleep with all the lights and sound. Ezra loves the bean bag, so he never passes up an opportunity to use that. He looks so comfortable; it looks like he's sinking in it. But he looks totally awake, in contrast to David and Liam. Marvin looks fully awake as well.

"Hey Marc, good morning."

"Hey Marc."

"Hey guys, good morning. Wow, you guys are early risers. When did you wake up?"

"It hasn't been that long." Ezra answered.

"Duke woke up early, I woke up as well." David shrugged and yawned.

"I woke up 'cause Lance kicked me." Marvin said smiling, showing his teeth. Others just shook their heads.

"And I woke up because I was sleeping on the floor. Because now we're sitting on the floor." Liam yawned as well.

Ezra just looks fresh so I assume he woke up by himself. Ugh early risers.

"You hungry? Well, Felix usually makes the breakfast, and he's still dead asleep..." David poked Felix and there was no reaction.

"Nah it's alright."

"Did you sleep fine?" Duke asked me. It made me remember last night again; sleeping beside Kai and holding each other.

"huh... yeah yeah."

"Is Kai still sleeping? He was really tired huh..." David asked me this time.

"Yeah, he couldn't sleep at first. I guess it's the change of surrounding."

"Oh, how'd he sleep then? You sang a lullaby or something?" Ezra asked me, smiling.

"Oh.. he.. he just did after a while I guess. I fell asleep."

"Hmm..."

Jeez, what's with all the questions. I could feel my cheeks warming. They dropped the topic and got back to discussing trivial stuff, but here I was trying to calm down. I caught eyes with Marvin because I felt a stare on me. Sure enough, he was looking at me. He had that, how can to explain it, an 'I know stuff' look. Or am I just over thinking... Does he know I was there outside the room? No... I was really careful. He just smiled at me, so I smiled back. It was kind of awkward.