Chapter 1~2

Chapter 1 - Rebirth

Anger. Reluctance. Regret.

A distant voice, gradually fading away.

The moment of death!

Darkness. Struggle. Consciousness.

A pair of eyes, suddenly flying open.

The moment of rebirth!

.....

It was a cold pair of eyes, touched by murderous intent. A trace of doubt flickered across those lustrous orbs-remarkably fierce, dark, detached, and incomparably profound.

"I didn't die?" The woman's aloof voice was tinged with obvious disbelief, but the emotion that showed, for the most part, was unrepressed surprise. Unrepressed, pleasant surprise.

This was especially so when she discovered that she was actually able to move her body, which made the look of pleasant surprise blossomed further.

What was going on? Didn't she die? Killed by that woman, whose face had been hideously contorted by jealousy? The expression that had been on that woman's face was still fresh in her mind, and it elicited sympathy from her.

Sympathy for that woman, who'd poured in her heart and soul in a vain attempt to attain her desires. Why? Because the man that woman loved had only ever wanted one woman, and the woman he wanted was her-Su Yanyi!

The thought of that man caused a drastic change to come over Su Yanyi; her icy-cold and indifferent expression warmed and softened by a visible degree.

However, there was no time to consider those things now. She'd noticed something strange about her situation. When she slowly moved her four limbs, she realized that they were no longer stiff and uncontrollable.

Due to a car accident, Su Yanyi had been confined to bed for two whole years. Her current new discovery left her delighted, and the delight didn't just end there. When she planted her feet on the floor and stood up, steady and firm, she almost felt like crying.

Cold, arrogant, strong, and merciless-Su Yanyi was often described as that type of woman. She stood at the pinnacle of the entertainment world as its queen, and if anyone were to claim that Su Yanyi was capable of crying, no one would believe it.

Unfortunately, the car accident had reduced her to a vegetative state. Apart from her family, friends, and that man, everyone else had mocked her and treated her as though she were unconscious, or that she would never even wake up again.

At the foot of her hospital bed, she'd witnessed the reveal of countless ugly expressions, and she'd been subjected to all kinds of vicious insults.

It had been as if the entire world hated her; whether it was something she'd done or something that had nothing to do with her, she was blamed for it.

Everyone's discontent was due to her mistakes, and everyone's grudges were hers to pay. It was utterly loathsome and at the same time laughable!

At the time, she'd swore that if she were to one day wake up, she would let all of them pay the consequences-especially those who'd colluded together to harm her. She would not let any of them go!

Since she was awake now, did that mean she had regained her consciousness? In the last moment, had that woman decided not to kill her? Su Yanyi was confused and uncertain, but then she immediately started to notice several strange inconsistencies.

Her surroundings were extremely familiar to her. She was in her house and bedroom-or rather, her former house and bedroom. Before she divorced that man, this was the place she'd lived in for three years. Afterward, she'd never returned again.