Chapter 68.2-68.3

Chapter 68.2 — Birthday Banquet

At that moment, Su Yanmo finally reached the Qin family. He greeted them coldly, “Ladies and gentlemen, please come in.”

Good lord, neither the sister nor brother knew how to let the other party save face.

A handful of the people from the group wanted to turn around and leave. What was with that attitude? That difference in treatment? It was outrageous!

Then, the Wang family arrived. Aside from the hospitalized Wang Zhilin, the entire family had come. Su Yanyi had just escorted the Bai family inside when she saw the bejeweled Wang family members strutting in. She dropped the conversation she was having with Bai Qing and turned to Su Yanmo.

“Mom didn’t invite the Wang family, did she?” she asked bluntly, and loudly enough that the family in question was able to hear her. Their faces instantly darkened.

“Of course not,” Su Yanmo answered with certainty. He had seen the guest list and the Wang family was definitely not on it. No one in the Su family was fond of the Wang family, so there was no way they would invite them.

After hearing that, Su Yanyi turned to the Wang family. “So what are all of you here for? You’re unwelcomed.”

Wang Pide sneered in response. “Since it’s Old Master Su’s birthday, of course I have to come. Yanyi, in the end you’re just a junior. You shouldn’t act so rudely.”

“Not everyone is worthy of respect, especially not when they decide to attend a banquet uninvited. Your family is a good example of that.”

Her ridiculing words brought ugly expressions to their faces. Who was it that said Su Yanyi was indifferent, arrogant, and a woman of few words? The Su Yanyi they were seeing was clearly too sharp-tongued to be “a woman of few words”!

Seeing that her father was unable to retort, Wang Zhiruo stepped in. “Yanyi, today is Grandpa’s birthday. We came to celebrate, that’s all. You’re not going to stop us, are you?”

Su Yanyi looked at her coldly. For a second, Wang Zhirou felt an overwhelming sense of murderous intent directed at her. Involuntarily, she trembled and took a step back.

“Don’t use such an intimate address, Miss Wang. It’s misleading,” Su Yanyi jeered.

Admittedly, from an outside perspective, Su Yanyi was acting very petty. However, the Wang family had tried to harm Qin Jiran, so she refused to show them any degree of respect.

Wang Zhiruo’s eyes darkened, but she covered it up well. She turned to Su Yanmo, who had not said a single word during the exchange, and asked piteously, “Yanmo, I just want to celebrate Grandma’s birthday. Can’t I? Our families are old friends too, right?”

Wang Zhirou was beautiful; faced with such a pitiful expression, most people would feel sympathetic, but unfortunately for her, she was up against the Su siblings.

“You cannot,” Su Yanmo rejected immediately.

The Su family was a family that lived solely for themselves, allowing them to lead comfortable lives and foster children like Su Yanyi. They were all family-oriented and similarly hostile to their enemies. Why would they want to leave face for people who were always trying to hurt their family? As far as the Su siblings were concerned, the Wang family deserved to be eliminated, so there was no need to be polite with them.

“Su Yanmo, Zhirou was once your wife! How could you treat us like this? Aren’t you afraid people will denounce you for being so ruthless? And say that the Su family is heartless?” The indignant Mother Wang joined in.